Re: [PROBABLY CC RELATED] Mermaid Faces glitched

by SASSY1023

Original Post

Re: Sims in Mer-Form Missing Heads

Hero
@bleghqueen This has been proven to be cc related for many.

Can you make sure to delete you localthumbcache file or try factory reset posted above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 25 (3,100 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [PROBABLY CC RELATED] Mermaid Faces glitched

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Lannakazechi95 Omg thanks 🙏🏽 I couldn’t figure it out
Message 12 of 25 (3,021 Views)

SIMS 4 ISLAND LIVING MERMAID NO FACE

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, seasons, cats and dogs, time for friends, get to work and vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When my sim turns into a mermaid the bug occurs
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has no face all of sudden, just the teeth are showing
What do you expect to see? I’m expecting to see a face
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, seasons, cats and dogs, time for friends, get to work and vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When my sim turns into a mermaid the bug occurs
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has no face all of sudden, just the teeth are showing
What do you expect to see? I’m expecting to see a face
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 13 of 25 (3,000 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 ISLAND LIVING MERMAID NO FACE

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Schluerfsuppe 

merged your post with related thread, although yours looks exceptionally bad.

Is that First Person View or normal ?

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 25 (2,976 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this happen to me and found that after I had removed no ea eyelash mod it worked fine,, apparently skin overlays etc can cause it as well.

Message 15 of 25 (2,833 Views)

Re: Mermaid face disappears

★★★ Novice
@taejade ik heb hetzelfde! super vervelendFrown
Message 16 of 25 (2,664 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @maud1209 when posting on the English AHQ forum please ensure that you do so in English.  

Darko

Darko.png
Message 17 of 25 (2,629 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm so sorry! I didn't realize that it was necessary.

Message 18 of 25 (2,615 Views)

★ Novice

for anyone else who hasnt been able to find out their issue, i went through the painstaking process of going through all 15 gigs of my mods folder and found out it was the rigged tongue mod that goes with WW that bugged the mermaids for me. hope it helps someone else

Message 19 of 25 (2,520 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @sleepydere.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 20 of 25 (2,423 Views)