Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CC RELATED] Mermaid Faces glitched

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When turning your sim into a merperson when going into a body of water after eating mermaid kelp
What happens when the bug occurs? After sim goes into water and changes form, the face disappears except for the teeth
What do you expect to see? A face with all its features in both normal sim and mermaid form
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

link: Mermaid face glitch

Message 1 of 25 (25,591 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PROBABLY CC RELATED] Mermaid Faces glitched

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict I have to manually check every mod anyway. So I will just move my mod folders one at a time instead to see where the glitch is coming from.

Update:@kazechi95 Just manually looked through my mods and found out it was the 'no eyelash' mod from cień z róża that was affecting my sim's face in mermaid form. I don't know if that modder is still active or will plan to update the mod, so I will just delete those files since they were only a minor mod that I didn't really need.

(Posts merged by CM)

View in thread

Message 8 of 25 (25,128 Views)

All Replies

Re: Glitch with Mermaid Form

Hero
@kazechi95 DId you test this without mods installed ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Usage-of-Mods-and-Custom-Content/td-p/3936231/jump...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (25,464 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, and it still gives me the weird face

Message 3 of 25 (25,453 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (25,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this glitch but it was fixed by taking the Slice of Life Mod out of my mods folder 

Message 5 of 25 (25,358 Views)

Mermaid face disappears

★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs All game packs beside Parenthood Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Creating mermaid in CAS or turning into one.
What happens when the bug occurs? The face of my sim disappears in his mermaid form, I tried to remove all of my cc but the problem still occurs
What do you expect to see? I expect to see their face but it disappears, only the hair and sometimes their mouth
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I have installed Island Living on my mac and naturally decided to make a mermaid. Problem : more often than not, their face will disappear while in their 'mermaid form'. The problem happens both in CAS and during gameplay, I thought it was a cc problem but after removing it all the problem wasn't solved. Did this happen to anybody else ? 

I don't have any mod.

IMG_9992.JPG

In CAS (happens to women too, it's very random. Like if it happens to a woman in the household i'm creating then it won't happen to the man, and vice versa)

Message 6 of 25 (25,334 Views)

Re: Mermaid face disappears

Hero

Hi @taejade 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 25 (25,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict I have to manually check every mod anyway. So I will just move my mod folders one at a time instead to see where the glitch is coming from.

Update:@kazechi95 Just manually looked through my mods and found out it was the 'no eyelash' mod from cień z róża that was affecting my sim's face in mermaid form. I don't know if that modder is still active or will plan to update the mod, so I will just delete those files since they were only a minor mod that I didn't really need.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 8 of 25 (25,129 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kazechi95 Thanks! This worked for me as well
Message 9 of 25 (24,948 Views)

Sims in Mer-Form Missing Heads

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, StrangerVille, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? View a mermaid in Mer-Form.
What happens when the bug occurs? The head is missing, only the teeth and hair is visible.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a normal Mer Head
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Download Island Living

Photos of Mermaid Bug Attached 

Message 10 of 25 (22,733 Views)