Re: [CC RELATED/CURRENT ISSUE] Sims can't use any custom content desk chairs

by 15Mea15

Original Post

Re: Sims can't use any custom content desk chairs

@hashima13  EA is not going to fix an issue with third-party content.  Even trying to address or prevent issues with custom content would be a nightmare, and frankly it's not the devs' responsibility to preserve compatibility with content it doesn't produce and has no control over.  So you'll need to figure out a way to fix this yourself.

You could check Sims 4 Studio to see if there's a batch fix for cc chairs.  It's possible you'd just have to run that instead of fixing each item separately.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 26 (1,268 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, I believe that some CC fail to work or are only made and utilised for decor. I suggest downloading a few other chairs or potentially usable objects and see if they work in game. 

Message 22 of 26 (1,177 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict
EA actually said that they intended to fix it.
https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1392898217495330816

This was caused by an unnecessary (and less than ideal) change on their end, so it would be great if they fixed it even though there is a batch fix.
Message 23 of 26 (1,096 Views)

★ Novice
@jj_ftb Is there an update on this? I know about the batch fix. I mean from EA.
Message 24 of 26 (1,048 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue as well, but without any custom content.

When I tell my sim to use the computer, they will show a routing issue. I have to direct them to sit in the chair first and then select the computer option otherwise they will cancel the interaction.

Message 25 of 26 (902 Views)

Hero

We fixed an issue that affected Custom Content Chairs that when slotted with certain objects it created Sims routing issues.

Fixed in Patch 1.79.93/1.47

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 26 (5,717 Views)