Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CC RELATED/FIXED] Sims can't use any custom content desk chairs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Island Living, Get to Work, Discover University, Get Together, Get Famous Spa Day, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat Cool Kitchen Stuff, Moschino Stuff Pack, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I start up the game, put in a normal desk and computer, add a custom content desk chair (only happens with desk chairs - dining chairs are fine), and prompt the sim to play a game on the computer. The sim waves that they can't go there. I tried switching to standard game desk chairs and those were fine. The sim can't sit in ANY custom content desk chair - I've tried 4, all from different artists and 3 of which I know are high quality content
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim waves and says they can't go there
What do you expect to see? The sim should sit in the chair Caveat on the question below - I've removed ALL mods EXCEPT for the office chairs I tried.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No other info - it's a pretty straightforward issue. I thought it was mods causing issues with sims using computers but it just came down to the custom desk chairs after all of the 50% testing I did (days worth of hours...)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 26 (15,950 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims can't use any custom content desk chairs

Hero

We fixed an issue that affected Custom Content Chairs that when slotted with certain objects it created Sims routing issues.

Fixed in Patch 1.79.93/1.47

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (5,657 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@jj_ftb CC chairs are broken. They need updating. Don't know what the current status is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (15,872 Views)

sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all the expansions, every gamepack but the starwars one, nifty knitting, moschino, laundry day, toddler stuff and fitness stuff pack. I also have the bust the dust kit pack. (I am so sorry for my English)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to sit a sim by a table or a kitchen island.
What happens when the bug occurs? When i try to make a sim sit down by a table they say something is in the way, but it is not. I have tried with different tables and chairs and they have no problem with sitting on the same chair as by the table when it is not attached to the table. Also the same thing occurs with barstols and kitchen islands. I have also tried putting the table on an empty lot, outside, on many different lots, when going to a different place, nothing works. I have also tried to delete all my mods and all my cc. I just tried to repair my game, but that didn't work either. And again, sorry for my English Standard smile
What do you expect to see? I expect for all my sims to be able to sit down by the table.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I played as normal, then when the patch with the bunkbeds came and i updated the game, my sims could out of nowhere sit by the dining table. (i am so sorry for my grammar)

My sims wont sit by a table pls help Standard smile

Message 3 of 26 (13,966 Views)

Re: sim

Hero

Hi @JohanStrom76 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (13,907 Views)

★★★★ Novice

the same thing happens to me and I believe cc chairs were broken in the recent update. There seems to be a way to fix it by cloning the object in question and checking the 32-bit instances in s4s, but this can be long and drawn out if you have a lot of CC like I do. your best bet is to wait for a fix from EA or from s4s's batch fixes.

Message 5 of 26 (13,885 Views)

Sim Cannot Sit at Table or Desk

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons Cats and Dogs Get to Work Eco Lifestyle Discover University City Living Dine Out Parenthood Spa Day Movie Hangout Stuff Tiny Living Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.Sim is in their own home/apartment (only happens in their home, Sim can sit at tables at public venues) 2. Click on a chair connected to a surface (desk chair and a desk, bar stool and bar, dining chair and table, etc.) 3. Click "sit"
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims waves arms and is unable to sit down
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to sit at desk, table, bar, etc in their home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared after March 23, 2021 update

1.Sim is in their own home/apartment (only happens in their home, Sim can sit at tables at public venues)
2. Click on a chair connected to a surface (desk chair and a desk, bar stool and bar, dining chair and table, etc.)
3. Click "sit"

4. Sims waves arms and is unable to sit down. Sims should be able to sit at desk, table, bar, etc in their home.

Message 6 of 26 (13,961 Views)

Re: Sim Cannot Sit at Table or Desk

Hero
@1summerpeach1926 Are you using cc chairs ? Those are broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 26 (13,932 Views)

Hero
@JohanStrom76 Are you using cc chairs ? Did you have any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (13,834 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I couldn't find other similar thread reporting CC chair bug including not only cc desk chairs, but also cc dining chairs and cc bar stools. I want to hit Me Too button of such thread reporting about all of these. But anyway I hit Me Too button here and wrote a reply to add dining chairs and bar stools bug.

Message 9 of 26 (15,522 Views)

★ Novice

This has happened to me, also with cc stools at counters and certain tables, I just thought it was down to broken cc.

Message 10 of 26 (15,478 Views)