[CC RELATED] Error Code 102:20ece5dd

by crinrict

Original Post

[CC RELATED] Error Code 102:20ece5dd

[ Edited ]
Hero

Introduction

Error Codes are very specific and the whole number matters (at least the part before the second double-point

There's currently several legit game bugs that can cause errors.

Please see those for workarounds and solutions

Error Codes usually get fixed fairly quickly but there are a few around that are legit and unsolved. They are very rare though.

Error Codes caused by Mods/CC

Error codes are often (actually in most cases) caused by outdated Mods and CC. Never run your game with outdated mods. You can actually permanently bork your game

Some of them can lead to this issue: [MOD RELATED] Sims disappeared from household/Blue flashing square on map

Another code that pops up regularly is this one:  102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472; which is usually caused by an outdated version of either MC Command Center or an adult mod.

What is Error Code  102:20ece5dd

Error Code 102:20ece5dd is caused by CC that is used in dorms but doesn't works for dorms. If you place those in the dorms and then try to load the dorms, you will be pulled back to the map and see this error code.

To solve, you must remove the faulty cc from your dorm otherwise you can't load it.

Known CC 

So far a few things have been identified. It's best to pull them from your mods folder until they get updated or until there's a batch fix with S4Studio

• CC Beds
  • CC Computers
  • Possibly CC Showers
  • Cherry Sims - Saturday Morning Pillow

If you find any more, please let me know.

What do do if you need help

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 79 of 192 (40,585 Views)

The game failed to load (102:20ece5dd:2d42e9e1)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've been attempting to move my sim into custom-built university housing, but every time I do, I get this error message: "The game failed to load. Error Code: 102:20ece5dd:2d42e9e1. It is recommended that you relaunch the game."

Message 1 of 192 (43,555 Views)

Re: The game failed to load (102:20ece5dd:2d42e9e1)

★★★ Newbie

SAME!  Just posted on twitter to simgurunick and simgurukuxiku

Message 2 of 192 (43,532 Views)

★★ Novice

same here! everything was fine for me until i was having my sim return to her dorm. i thought it was some of my script mods so i removed all of those, repaired my game, and it's still popping up.

Message 3 of 192 (43,495 Views)

Hero
@tragicmissile @Jubee1027 Do you guys have that exact same message ? The numbers after the 102 are important.

@abmarsh86 Is this with or without mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 192 (43,397 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the exact same issue with the exact same code (starting with the 102). I went through all of my cc and my game was working fine (Played for over an hour). The last time my sim tried to return to her university housing, the error popped up. 

Message 5 of 192 (43,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Simmer3703 @tragicmissile @Jubee1027 @abmarsh86 

I merged this thread but there's currently 3 different codes going round so I need the whole error message from all of you (if you haven't already stated)

@Sausent and everyone posting

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Please let me know which family in which world you're having issues with.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 192 (43,356 Views)

[CC BEDS RELATED] Error Code 102:20ece5dd:2d42e9e1

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Strangerville, Laundryday, city living, island living, get to work, dine out, get together, discover university, jungle adventure, holiday celebration pack, vampires, outdoor retreat.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I try to enter the lot for my household, I keep getting an error code.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I enter the lot for my household in Britechester.
What do you expect to see? I want to play with my sims in my household..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch / discover university, unsure which..

I get this bug with and without CC. Sometimes I can play, but then next time I exit the lot I cannot get back.. I've tried removing my CC and then adding it back in checking every time if the game works. It did and so I started playing, but then the same bug happened again the next time I wanted to play. Been trying different combinations of my CC for 12 hours now (the game is so boring without it). I have no mods except for the height slider mod. 

I usually get the error code in the picture below, but have gotten others as well (other ones that start with 102 or 103).

I keep being redirected to the main menu.

Last exception report: (see spoiler tag)

Spoiler

Last exception report:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>b9aeab1bf68b59d25dd008b7</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2019-11-16 15:35:39</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.58.63.1210-1.300.000.121.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>household_object_preference_tracker.py:316</categoryid><desyncid>b9aeab1bf68b59d25dd008b7</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception raised while processing zone spin up sequence: 'NoneType' object is not iterable (TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 114, in wrapped&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 110, in finally_wrap&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 356, in c_api_client_connect&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 558, in do_zone_spin_up&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1453, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 269, in on_enter&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\roommate_service.py", line 2068, in initialize_roommates&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\roommate_service.py", line 2208, in _initialize_roommates&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\roommate_service.py", line 2018, in assign_beds_for_current_zone&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\households\household_object_preference_tracker.py", line 316, in set_object_restriction&#13;&#10;TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable&#13;&#10;rtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 94.49&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,55,33574&#13; &#10;Modded: True&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Mac OS X Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G7024) GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 macOS Metal driver 0.0.0.0&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Screenshot: (see spoiler tag)

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 15.31.14.png
Message 7 of 192 (43,320 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Error Code 102:20ece5dd:2d42e9e1

Hero

@Sausent 

I tested your save and I have no issues loading your lots.

If you load the lot with no mods or cc at all, does it load ?

Did you try removing the height slider ?

Here's a list with outdated mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968717/broken-updated-mods-cc-university-edition

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 192 (43,254 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Error Code 102:20ece5dd:2d42e9e1

★★★★ Novice

I tried again as well.. it worked for me now (without cc). I do not want to play without cc however, that's what I enjoy about the game.. Decorating etc. 

Seems to be mainly buy mode objects that cause the issue, and lots of different types, because I've tried removing and adding multiple files and the issue comes up 95% of the time (with cc). I know that the game does not "officially" support CC, but lots of players play with CC and I know that a lot of people are having problems now, so it's a bit annoying.

I've removed the height slider. 

I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the issue will be fixed, I know it's not just me feeling a bit upset / disappointed now. Been looking forward to this EP for ages. 

Message 9 of 192 (43,230 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help