Re: sims 4 discovering university green exclamation mark above edited dorm lot

by winsorlee

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Error Code 102:20ece5dd:2d42e9e1

Hero
@Sausent EA won't fix cc/mod issues.

I take it the mod slider still works ?

CC that's know to give issues now are objects with a lot of slots (crashes the game) and showers. I don't know if S4Studio already has batch fixes for cc but it's worth a try.

I know meaningful stories gives an error code but that also deletes all families so you would have noticed :D

Other than that, I just have that list to offer you.

The 50/50 method is the easiest to find broken stuff

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 192 (12,044 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also got it to work when I didn’t use CC for the dorms but I still can use CC for the other worlds and the game seems fine. As soon as I added one CC item to a dorm, it started to lag so I took it out.

Message 11 of 192 (10,398 Views)

Re: [PROBABLY MOD/CC RELATED] Error Code 102:20ece5dd:2d42e9e1

★★★ Newbie

Im getting the same error and I dont know how to fix it... I just want to play w/ my sims in the game that I pre ordered.... Anyone know how to fix it?

Message 12 of 192 (10,309 Views)

sims 4 discovering university green exclamation mark above edited dorm lot

★★★★ Novice

I have edited my dorm lots before moving my sims in. After enrolling in the university, the loading screen popped up as usual. But after loading for a while, an error message popped up," The game failed to load. Error code: 102:20ece5dd:2d42e9e1. It is recommended that you relaunch the game." and it redirected me back to the world selection panel. When I re-enter the university world map, there is a green exclamation mark in a triangle above the lot I wanted to move my sim in. I cannot edit the lot or enter the lot afterward. So my sim is actually stuck in the lot, I had to move them out back to their home but it means that it cannot live in university housing until the next term. l do use cc in my game but it has always been running normally. I have tried removing cc, repairing my game for more than twenty times, reinstalling the version of origin provided by the staff, rebooting my mac in safe mode and I have contacted the EA help technical support staff three times and the problem is still there. I am aware that the team is not responsible for any problems caused by cc or mods. But, is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Does it mean that I cannot put cc in my university housing lots? 

Message 13 of 192 (10,186 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this problem and i repaired my game removed my CC and done everything you have done and then gave up and made a new sim and it worked perfectly fine until it just happened again to my new sim so now i dont know what to do. 

Message 14 of 192 (10,158 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After trying with like 6 sims, I would say we can't put cc into the university housing lots. I tried moving sims with cc into a no cc dorm lot and it works perfectly fine. I guess we'll have to wait for the next game update, hopefully, it would be solved. But the team is not responsible for cc...

Message 15 of 192 (10,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m also having this same issue with my sims in the Britechester dorms. I removed all the mods from my game, deleted and re-downloaded Origin, updated and repaired my game, restarted my computer and nothing is working. I can’t even move my sims out of the broken household in Manage Worlds or have any of the other households travel to visit them. I’ve had all my CC for awhile now and everything was totally fine. Seeing as I removed my CC and the error is still there, and also that I can play my other households that aren’t living in Britechester, could this be a Discover University bug? What do I do?!

Message 16 of 192 (10,130 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exactly! All the cc I have been using are fine, they work perfectly with everything except for university dorms. I have removed the cc and put them back, but iCloud wanted to back up the files and I ended up having around 750 more cc files duplicated. I really hope I didn't even try removing them as apparently the cc are fine. My sim and pets even have black grids under their feet now, the university pack sure is full of bugs. Way more than the previous packs. 

For now, I just move in sims (they wear cc) into dorm lots with no cc, that works for me. If you put cc in the dorm lots, it may crash and the exclamation mark may appear again. But what's weird is that I have tried placing a piece of cc furniture in live mode but the game just ran completely fine. Another time I have the crash is when I edit an NPC roommate on a no cc dorm lot when the loading screen takes me back to the lot, it crashed. So I can't really tell what the problem is. I think maybe the enrollment and moving in your sim part have bugs.

Message 17 of 192 (10,122 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm also getting this exact message and I've noticed it only pops up when I try to play University. I've evicted my modded sim and moved them to another world and the game works fine. If I choose a different sim and try to send them to university the message pops up again. So no, I don't believe it has anything to do with CC. 

My error code: 102:ece5dd:2d42e9e1

If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it. 

Message 18 of 192 (10,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Exact same issue. I also noticed another issue. I tried adding a coffee shop in Gibbs hill and once I save the lot it will not allow me to make any build changes after. Everything is red. No cc on the lost. Just red. I hate to say it but it sounds like the University expansion is bugged. 

Message 19 of 192 (10,109 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help