Re: Game failed to load. Error code 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Re: 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472

Champion (Retired)

Please remove them and then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 95 (69,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, and have tried all the solutions. :/ my household still won't load.

Message 12 of 95 (69,451 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Scriblesss

Please start your own thread and describe your problem in more detail. Also attach a DxDiag: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 95 (69,437 Views)

Game failed to load. Error code 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Encountered Game failed to load error 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472 today, one of my sims was travelling to another lot the game took too long to load the location and then this error popped up and I currently cant play this family at all, I tried moving them to another lot and back the error persists.

From what I've read its caused by mods? Do i have to backup repair the game and try again or is there a simpler solution for this issue?

I have too much stuff installed to update all of it, just wanna know whats the best sollution, attached my dxdiag file too.

Thanks in advance!

Message 14 of 95 (137,407 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please remove all Mods and CC then try the game again.

Message 15 of 95 (137,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey there,

So i backed up my stuff deleted everything repaired the game opened then closed and returned the files and I still had the same error with that family.

Should I be doing it differently?

Thank you

Message 16 of 95 (137,314 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do not return the Mods and CC that cause the issue.

Message 17 of 95 (137,292 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hey again,

So I used the mod checker, removed most of the broken outdated stuff and updated a bunch of mods but the issue persists still im so sorry. Ive also tried like separating the family but then it corrupts the family they moved into until i move them back it.

I looked it up and some people are saying that its related to career mods, are those known to cause problems like these?

Thank you
Message 18 of 95 (137,281 Views)

★★★ Novice
Um quick update but apparently the glitch was caused by one was holidays? I have played another family and then as soon as a holiday ended i checked on the glitched family and everything was fine???

So for anyone out there glitching liek this during a holiday try to wait it out on another family or just end it?
Message 19 of 95 (143,051 Views)

★★ Pro

This error 102 usually mean there are outdated mods/cc in your game. These will need to be checked over.

To fix this issue you'll want to move your mods folder to the desktop, clear your game cache and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting. Try playing the game again to test. If it loads okay, if it does, it may be that some of the mods/cc have become outdated.

How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

A list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

How To Find Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

Message 20 of 95 (137,269 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help