[CC/MOD RELATED] Error Code 102:c4caa9ed

by iiBrokenFrames

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CC/MOD RELATED] Error Code 102:c4caa9ed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi! I am having a continuous problem with my sims game after the patch update and the Sims 4 Seasons download. Every time I open my save for the family I am playing, it takes a while to load and I get a pop-up that says: "Game failed to load. Error code 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472. It is recommended that you relaunch the game." I deleted a lot of CC from my game and I cleared the cache as well as delete the game and redownload it. At one point it stopped appearing and my game was fine. However, when holidays came and I planned an event the same message would appear. I don't know if I should delete the save and start over. I'm a bit afraid to do that because I'm worried that the error code would appear again.

Message 6 of 95 (11,343 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472

Champion (Retired)

This is known to be caused by broken Mods particularly an old version of MCCC so remove all Mods/CC and look for updates.where you got it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 7 of 95 (14,154 Views)

All Replies

error code 102:c4caa9ed:4601ce31

★★★ Newbie

My game won't let me open lots to play and keeps giving me this error code.

Message 1 of 95 (9,173 Views)

Re: error code 102:c4caa9ed:4601ce31

Champion (Retired)

This is known to be caused by Mods and CC that are not updated. So go to where you got them and look for updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 95 (9,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey! I am having the same issue, did you fix it?
Message 3 of 95 (9,062 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kelbyjanea

Read my answer above.

Message 4 of 95 (9,058 Views)

★★ Pro

This error usually means there are outdated mods/cc in your game. Like Jpkarlsen mention, those need to be checked over. See the troubleshooting tips below.

To help troubleshoot mod/cc problems:

The newest game patch broke several mods and custom content. This can happen as we get updates for the game. Players using mods and cc have to go through their mods folder to find what needs to be deleted or replaced.

Disabling or turning off both mod/cc options isn't enough of a test.

To test this, move your mods folder to the desktop, clear your game cache and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting. Try playing the game again to test. If it loads okay, it may be that some of the mods/cc have become outdated.

How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

A list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

Finding Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Message 5 of 95 (9,050 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This is known to be caused by broken Mods particularly an old version of MCCC so remove all Mods/CC and look for updates.where you got it.

Message 7 of 95 (14,155 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ohh thank you! It fixed :D

Message 8 of 95 (11,299 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi. I have the same problem, but I have checked all my cc and mods for new updates and updated several stuff, but it still won't work
Message 9 of 95 (10,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@evahno1

Have you cleared your game cache and deleted the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder? Then try the game again.

How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Message 10 of 95 (10,947 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help