CC Hair Problem

by princess_malarie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC Hair Problem

★ Novice

Hey, so I’ve been playing the sims 4 for quite some time with cc, and have had many problems with it breaking and me having to search for it, but recently, I’ve found another issue. Anything related to sims 4 cc clothes will not work. I took my clothes folder out of my mods folder and my game works perfectly. With the now empty folder, I even tried downloading new clothes to test but it didn’t work. I got a mod pack and was forced to take the clothes out from that, as well. I believe there was a recent patch/update and was curious to know if that was the reason for my trouble or was it something else. If anyone knows how to fix it please get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Message 1 of 2 (300 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CC Hair Problem

[ Edited ]
Champion

@princess_malarie I am sorry for your frustration, but unfortunately the mods &/or cc that you would like to use in your game may not be comparable with the game. Mods and cc can break the game code's function, and sometimes this damage introduces secondary damage to the game code that is not even removed by removing the cc/mods (thus the reason for a need to repair the game, remove cache, etc.). Many patches or updates for your game have the potential to have code that becomes incompatible with foreign code that you introduce by adding mods/cc. The top priority always needs to be that your game code functions properly, no matter how badly you would like to add other code. If your code is breaking the function of your game, you could remove it and repair the game properly, then check with the creators of the cc to see it they have a new version of the code that is compatible with the current game's code.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (291 Views)

All Replies

Re: CC Hair Problem

[ Edited ]
Champion

@princess_malarie I am sorry for your frustration, but unfortunately the mods &/or cc that you would like to use in your game may not be comparable with the game. Mods and cc can break the game code's function, and sometimes this damage introduces secondary damage to the game code that is not even removed by removing the cc/mods (thus the reason for a need to repair the game, remove cache, etc.). Many patches or updates for your game have the potential to have code that becomes incompatible with foreign code that you introduce by adding mods/cc. The top priority always needs to be that your game code functions properly, no matter how badly you would like to add other code. If your code is breaking the function of your game, you could remove it and repair the game properly, then check with the creators of the cc to see it they have a new version of the code that is compatible with the current game's code.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (292 Views)