CC Freezing Game

by a18lkr

Original Post

Highlighted

CC Freezing Game

★ Novice

Basically, I've had some problem with the alpha hairs that I have in my game. The timeline goes as follows:

Had a laptop that was running the game fine, with cc and all. I purchased another laptop because the other one was having issues in other respects, though the game itself still ran fine. This second laptop is where the problem began. Certain cc hairs would cause the problem. When selected, the game would freeze for a few seconds while these loaded. Any other changes, such as clothing, would also freeze for a few seconds while the problem hairs were on. With this laptop I repaired Origin, updated drivers, uninstalled the game, uninstalled Origin, used only the problem cc hairs one-by-one to see if the mere volume was the issue (it wasn't), downloaded Sims4Studio to try running batch fixes, used every different graphics setting combination I could think of, and even tried to move the files from my old computer (where the same hairs worked fine) to the new one in hopes that maybe they got corrupted in the process, no such luck. The conclusion I came to was that it was the processor clock speed, which was lower than my first one.

So at this conclusion, and after months of this frustration. I caved and bought a gaming computer. The specs of this are much better than both of its predecessors in this fiasco, and I hoped I was finally rid of the issue. Yet again, no such luck. Even on this optimized gaming computer with enhanced graphics, higher clock speed than the others (and quad core like the second one to boot), and all, the problem persists. I have once again tried all of the combinations of graphics settings and all of the things I tried before, with no solution. Everything else about the game on this computer runs like a dream. I wish I could just chock it up to broken CC, or even just my settings, but I think the issue is deeper. I'm at my wits' end a bit. Please help!

Message 1 of 8 (549 Views)

Re: CC Freezing Game

Hero

HI @a18lkr 

do you have any issues if you remove all custom content ? If so, is it only the hair that causes the issues or also other CC ?

Could you also post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (538 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

If custom content is removed, the issue does not persist. The issue is only with certain CC hairs, nothing else (or at least I haven't encountered any).

Message 3 of 8 (528 Views)

Hero
You have a few Windows update failures and your graphics chip isn't the strongest but if it's only cc hair, it might just have something to do with the details they have.

Are you using alpha hair cc or maxis-matches ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (522 Views)

★ Novice

They are alpha, which I had considered may be an issue. Is there any reason that the first laptop was able to run it with no problems? I can attach a dxdiag of that if it would help anything.

Message 5 of 8 (518 Views)

Hero
DxDiag of your old laptop would be good for comparison, yes.

Some of those alpha hair are really high poly so maybe those just can't be handled.

I think it's best if you go through all the cc hair and only keep those that don't give you issues. It's also possible that some are a bit dated and maybe need an update from the creator ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (483 Views)

★ Novice

I have attached the dxdiag. For some reason, the processor is reading as n/a (like I said, this computer has its fair share of issues). Processor is Intel Pentium, dual core, 2.4 gHz.

Message 7 of 8 (472 Views)

Hero

Hi @a18lkr 

it is indeed odd that this computer should have no issues while you have them in the new computer.

Can you narrow it down to certain hair or is it just all alpha hair ? What happens if you download newer hair ? Same issue ?

Do you have any software running in the back that you didn't have on your old computer ?

I would check on those Windows update failures and check some different combinations of alpha hair to narrow down if it's ALL of them and also try how maxis match behave.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (464 Views)