Re: CC Eyes Not Showing Up in CAS

by SimplyDeeSims

Original Post

CC Eyes Not Showing Up in CAS

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By downloading any CC eyes and trying to use them in the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? For default CC eyes only the actual game default eyes show, even though there's the CC icon over the colors. If I download non-default CC eyes and I look for them in the place the creator says they're supposed to be, they aren't there.
What do you expect to see? My CC eyes in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The June 3rd 2020 update.

I've tried with multiple eyes from multiple creators, they all show up in the mods list when I open the game, but they don't show up in CAS. I've repaired my game two times, once with eyes in my folder and once without, and I created a new Microsoft account on my PC and re downloaded all my CC and the game to try again, and the same problem occurred. I've tried with and without script mods in my game.

Message 1 of 38 (27,680 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you! I've been having this problem all day and ive took out each sub-folder of CC (I like to be organized) and re-launched the game multiple times just to see if there was a conflict with other cc or mods. So far nothing is working and no one else is talking about this. 

Message 2 of 38 (27,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem as well!

Also before the newest game patch, my CC eyes would show up, but only underneath the base game EA swatches. They weren't supposed to, and they should have replaced the EA swatches. I'm unsure how long it was doing that since I only noticed it recently. I have no idea if that's related to this problem or not.

Message 3 of 38 (27,472 Views)

[CC Related] Default eye replacement not working

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs up to Eco living except "My First Pet Stuff"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In create-a-sim when using any default eye replacement mods
What happens when the bug occurs? The original EA eye color still shows itself.
What do you expect to see? I expect the original EA eyes to be replaced with the custom content eyes I downloaded.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried all sorts of different custom content, but none of it works since the recent patch. Attached is a screenshot showing that the eye color swatches are clearly custom content, but the Sim still has the original eye color swatch.

Message 4 of 38 (27,473 Views)

Re: [CC Related] Default eye replacement not working

★ Novice

For me it's all my default replacements aside from teeth. I'm not sure what's different about that mesh- I don't have any modding knowledge- but my eyebrow replacements and eye color replacements are failing me.

Message 5 of 38 (27,428 Views)

★ Apprentice

The same thing happened to me today too! It is honestly quite frustrating!! I was trying to figure out why this keeps happening. So far, I have figured out that certain eyes work while most eyes that I have tried don't. It seems to me that the majority of the ones not working were maxis match with very few being alpha which showed up under the "default" eyes that have the custom content icon on them. I hope that whatever problem this is can be fixed soon because those EA eyes are not the greatest and just make my sims look super weird.

Message 6 of 38 (27,366 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. It's hard to make interesting sims with those bland Maxis eyes.

Message 7 of 38 (27,133 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

There is a workaround for now...make sure you have a copy of your default eyes before attempting this.

CM Edit: Do not link to mods or custom content here please. 

Also here is a file if you wanna skip 1, 2, and 4-8...because 3 is where you have to get the eye swatches from the default eye you want and 9 is very important...because it finishes everything.

CM Edit: Do not link to mods or custom content here please. (This is basically the file to dump import in...don't worry about the weird brown eyes)

Message 8 of 38 (26,365 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kaitlynlabadie This is happening to me as well. I have tried with different CC default eyes, but only the non-default ones would show up. Same as you - the CC icon appears, but the eyes themselves are the default EA eyes.
Message 9 of 38 (26,365 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. All of my other cc shows up in game except for the cc eyes, even though it has the cc icon over them it still doesn't show up. I hope the issue gets resolved soon

Message 10 of 38 (27,011 Views)