CC Error Code 60c399f9 preventing game from starting on PC

by militarymama27

Original Post

CC Error Code 60c399f9 preventing game from starting on PC

★★★★★ Novice

Hello.  So I'm new to playing the sims 4 on a PC  and I'm having issues already, of course.  I'm a MAC person and was doing fine until I upgraded my MacBook Pro to the 2019 16 inch model with the upgraded specs and I can't play properly on that now because of the issues with the game and the graphics cards.  Anyway, so I went and got a gaming PC laptop and was fine until I put all of my mods and cc on it and went to play the game.  I kept getting error codes for CC (that I never had issues with on any of the Macs I've played on) that are preventing me from opening the game.  So I deleted that CC off the computer completely, every time an error pops up.  I get to this one piece of CC and I do the same thing I was doing with the others but this time, the same error keeps coming back.  The file is completely gone from the PC, I searched the entire PC and further got rid of anything that had that name in it, including stuff that wasn't CC/Mods.  I repaired my game via Origin, uninstalled it and re-installed it,  shut down, and restarted my computer a few times, and then I just pulled a hail mary and removed everything by I STILL get the error message.  Is this normal?  I have never had this problem with any of the other MacBooks I've run the game on nor was I with other CC, it was just this particular one.  Can someone help me, please?  I don't really have extensive knowledge of PCs.  Any help or suggestions are much welcomed and desperately needed.

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 4 (1,858 Views)

Re: CC Error Code 60c399f9 preventing game from starting on PC

@militarymama27  Do you have OneDrive set to sync the contents of Documents?  This can cause all kinds of issues, including OneDrive redownloading files you'd already deleted.  It's simpler to either disable it entirely or to prevent it from automatically syncing Documents.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

Once you've addressed that, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Launch the game to create a clean folder, enable mods and custom content, and quit.  Then download a new copy of one mod or cc item and see whether it works.

Another issue, one that I'm not sure you're seeing based on your description, is that .package files can be corrupted when transferring them from macOS to Windows, or vice versa.  You can try transferring them again, this time zipping them together first, or just start with fresh downloads of the content you want to use.

At any rate, if and when you can get your new mods and cc working, you can copy your saves and anything else you want to keep from the Sims 4 folder you moved to the new one in Documents\Electronic Arts.  Saves are in the saves folder; saved households and builds are in Tray.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,853 Views)

★ Novice
@militarymama27 This is literally my exact issue!!!!
Message 3 of 4 (1,324 Views)

@Dariannn214  Please post a screenshot of the error you're getting so I can take a look.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (1,310 Views)