CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

by Cilfie

Original Post

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

There are other mod heavy games (WoW for example) that tell you exactly which addon is causing issues so that you can quickly disable it until it is updated.

Message 61 of 268 (1,453 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Marloes586  I'm sorry, but this is a lot of nonsense. There are literally millions of Sims players. There are far more players than there are people actually commenting (that are visible). I very much doubt the majority of them use CC. Furthermore, the cartoonyness is the art style of the game, and again, not everyone is complaining about it. There are plenty of players who prefer Maxis-match CC over alpha. If there was no demand for it, there wouldn't be creators making it. Also...the fact that you are too lazy to update your CC doesn't make it anybody else's responsibility to do it for you. The amount of CC you have in your game is a you-problem, not a them-problem. If you're saying you don't want updates, you're also saying you don't want improvements to the game or any new content added. This is how coding works. If you change or add new things, a lot of other things have to change to accomodate it. That's reality. EA has no control over what 3rd parties do. It's ALWAYS been true that a new update breaks some mods. We've ALWAYS had to update them. Yes, it's annoying. Yes it's tedious to have to go back and fix it. But frankly? That's what you signed up for when you started using CC.

Message 62 of 268 (809 Views)

Re: Error code 140:95e2d14f:30cc6644

★★★★ Novice
@ElectricMecury i'm having the same issue but no answers yet...
Message 63 of 268 (1,363 Views)

Re: Doors and windows won't show

★★★ Novice

EA makes no money for cc. infact all cc should be free after two weeks of its release.

Message 64 of 268 (1,335 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Good thing my prison doors still work.

Message 65 of 268 (1,273 Views)

@Marloes586

You can disable automatic updates and play offline if you don’t want to patch. Plenty of users who use CC do this as they wait a while to see what the patch breaks and if any CC breaks that would affect them, they don’t patch.

I like the cartoony look and I also like a ton of alpha CC in my game, I like both. I guess it’s a matter of personal preference and thankfully we all have different tastes.

I think maybe people should be more aware of the risks of adding 3rd party content into their game and how to properly maintain it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 66 of 268 (1,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You haven't change anything with cc  window and the doors and I just want to know are you making other patch? 

Message 67 of 268 (1,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I',m having the same issued as well with doors and windows after the latest patch update, I hope S4S comes out with a new version soon to fix, so I don't have to go back and research all the cc modders I downloaded them from

Message 68 of 268 (1,213 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having the same issue. My cousin said that she removed any mods she had by Littlemssams and it worked. I've removed a handful of mods myself to see what's causing it and the only thing I have to do is remove my LMS folder but I'm reluctant to do that right now.
Message 69 of 268 (1,170 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Aquia123 I was told that it might be Twisted Mexi's Better Exceptions mod that is glitching, he's aware apparently and is working on it! I know I have that mod installed so I'm going to remove it and see if it's better. Do you have that mod installed?
Message 70 of 268 (1,094 Views)