CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

by Cilfie

Original Post

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict thats clear, my question was about why are they changing such things without checking  if cc (which are many gamers use) is still working afterwards

Message 31 of 268 (2,373 Views)

Hero
@CristinaNicols Because they don't support CC.

It's in the nature of things that CC will break if changes are made to the base items. Just like mods get outdated cause EA changes the underlying code, the same can happen with cc (just not as often).

If they would try to keep every cc/mod current with every change they make, they would not be able to give us any new functionality.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 268 (2,358 Views)

Re: They did it again: Sims 4 update is useless and creates bugs

Champion (Retired)

@Gwendoalex 

It is not up to EA to update any CC or Mods It is up to the creators to do that and it is up to you that chooses to use said CC/Mods to keep it updated on your PC.

So check where you got it if it has been updated yet. You can also check if Sims 4 Studio has created a batch fix for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 33 of 268 (2,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

<removed by CM>

I'm afraid that may not be the case according to this creator. I'm really worried that it's going to have to be up to the creators to fix. This is bad. 

@SaneshFrancis wrote:
@xboredsimsxThis is a good sign actually isn't it? If in-game windows are also glitching and not just cc ones then it is more likely the Sims team might batch fix the issue in another patch.

Message 34 of 268 (2,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

<removed by CM>  island living doors and windows currently still working in my game. island living is required because its only a recolor

Message 35 of 268 (2,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi folks, 

Please do not post links to modded content or third party downloads. For safety/security reasons we do not allow links to 3rd party downloads for modded content. This is because

Maxis Policy on mods - source
"...Maxis doesn’t pre-screen, endorse or specifically support any particular Mod. You should use Mods with caution and understand there may be risk.  

As cited above, we don't pre-screen mods or their downloads and as a result, we cannot guarantee your safety with third party downloads and ask that links to them are not shared on this forum.

We understand thought that modded content helps players create the gaming experience they'd like, and so we're happy for players to name the mods and if members want to learn more, they can then search and read up about them before choosing to download. One caveat though, the modded content named on this forum needs to be age appropriate (The Sims 4 is rated 'T' for teens) and inline with the forum rules - we need to look out for our younger simmers. Standard smile

Any posts shared so far with links to modded content/third party downloads will have been edited but we trust you'll respect our stance on this for future posts. 

Thank you for understanding.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 36 of 268 (2,253 Views)

★ Apprentice

A tech at sims 4 studio said they looked into the issue an see that a batch fix may be possible. So hopefully in a few days or so there will be a fix. 

Message 37 of 268 (2,114 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is not just cc window and door problem. EA window also broken.Angry

Message 38 of 268 (2,108 Views)

Doors and windows won't show

★★★ Newbie

Hi! This just happened when I got the latest update, all windows and doors won't show up in the game. What should I do? I don't want to play without my mods Frown

Message 39 of 268 (1,868 Views)

Re: Doors and windows won't show

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi!

The exact thing happened to me!! I've tried E V E R Y T H I N G: updating all my cc, removing all of it, tried repairing my files, updated the game and origin various times, even deleted the game and re-installed it but NOTHING works and it's honestly starting to * me off. What's going on????

Message 40 of 268 (1,860 Views)