Re: CC still

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

Hero
@SisterLigeia Lots of creators have now updated their windows.

Did you check their web pages ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 261 of 268 (2,041 Views)

Re: Sims4 last update

★★ Guide

@NoxOculis wrote:

Also as a reminder !!
-Some original doors and windows have this problem , only the outline is visible.
-The original windows and doors do not have reflections through the mirrors

-NEW report !!
Original round or rounded windows causes tearing
on the outline on the wall !!

Need URGENT patch

Known problem ! on 03 .09 .2020
not resolved at this date on 24 .10 .2020
It's time to act ....
Sims 4 Studio does not patch the originals !!

^This.  It's kind of understandable that Sims4 Team will not even bother to fix CC doors and windows (Not wise, cause like I've already stated I know more people who use CC than those who don't), but you would expect that they at least fix those that are original from the game, especially if you payed for an extra pack (that is almost as expensive as the base game) to get them. 

It doesn't matter if it's just one or 2 windows and doors broken from the original non CC game, this issue happened a while ago and it's inexcusable that they still haven't fix it, and they're more focused on releasing packs than fixing this packs. I personally wouldn't have the happy face to present and release a pack if I still haven't fixed an issue from more than a month ago cause it's not professional. Not hating on Sims Team, but they need to do things right by their loyal players.

Message 262 of 268 (2,011 Views)

Re: Sims4 last update

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Valadenthys It's best to use the dedicated thread for that though.

There's a few game bugs with Windows that do need fixing but this thread is about cc

Gladly linking them here for me toos:
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Doors-windows-and-arches-clipping-in-mirror/m-p/94...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/td-p/...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Almost-secure-safety-window-cutout-gap/td-p/947959...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 263 of 268 (2,010 Views)

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@SisterLigeiaLots of creators have now updated their windows.

Did you check their web pages ?

Yes I have.. and some have updated indeed, but I, as many others, have so much cc that I don't consider downloading and replacing all of that very Happy Gaming ;-)

Message 264 of 268 (1,965 Views)

CC still

★★★ Newbie

Since the windows update from the end of October, all of my window and door CC broke. I went to reinstall the CC that had broke from the creators like Peacemaker, who had updated the CC to work after the update but when I went into game and tested the window and doors, they were still not working. I have no clue why :/

Message 265 of 268 (1,932 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mine are definitely fixed. Often there are a few steps people forget when updating CC.

I always advise removing all the old files, then downloading the new ones. I rearranged the folders to have a legacy folder with the obsolete 2 tile variants in them for easy deletion if people no longer want them, which is another reason people should delete the old and place the new. They will not fully replace the old files if you just dump them in the same folder. They are still the same files, so they wont need to be re-placed in game (unless you saved at some point between removing the old files and putting the new ones in).

Also people don't necessarily have well organised folders and duplicates are often found elsewhere (from downloading houses which use and include my cc for example). If you are still having issues, search to make sure you don't have duplicates somewhere. 

You would also not believe how often people forget to extract the archives which cannot be read by the game. So if it's not a folder with a bunch of package files in it, then it needs extracted using the appropriate program for your Operating system. 

There were a few hiccups with old files not being replaced on the download sites the day I updated, but that was fixed pretty quickly. When in doubt, redownload. Once you extract, if the last modified date is october 2020 then they are the new files. If they aren't, find me on tumblr, twitter, my bloggger, or my facebook page, give me info on what set it in and how it's not working, and I can see if i can help from there. 

If people are experiencing issues with my cc specifically, I always say to come to me for help, as I am the best equipped to deal with any issues. Just shoot me a message and I can see what i can do. 

Message 266 of 268 (1,894 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

S4Studio now has a batch fix for Custom Windows and Doors.

I cannot link the tool here as it's a third party tool and is not supported by EA. You'll be using at your own risk

Backup your saves and you custom content before attempting the fix

1. Google S4Studio to find their website
  2. Go to the Forum: Download Sims 4 Studio - Open Beta Version and choose the thread for Windows or Mac depending on your OS
  3. To download, you need to create an account (for free)
  4. PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS given on the site before batch fixing your windows. 

This is for all CC. Some of the creators also have already updated them. EA is not going to revert any changes they made or fix any CC Windows.

There are also a few problems with EA Windows/Doors. Those ARE bugs and need to be fixed by EA.

See the following links and me too or post there

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Doors-windows-and-arches-clipping-in-mirror/m-p/94...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/td-p/...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Almost-secure-safety-window-cutout-gap/td-p/947959...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 267 of 268 (26,769 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks Crin.

I'll lock this thread here. Head on over to the existing bug report threads linked in Crin's post if you are experiencing those Door or windows issues.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 268 of 268 (1,661 Views)