Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

by Valadenthys

Original Post

★★ Guide

Or, somehow, give us the option to NOT use the window update .

Message 241 of 268 (1,304 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Valadenthys 

You already have the option to disable automatic game updates.

Making a general patch optional that changes the way a important feature (Windows in this case) work in general, is just not possible.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 242 of 268 (1,246 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora wrote: 

You can disable automatic updates and play offline if you don’t want to patch. Plenty of users who use CC do this as they wait a while to see what the patch breaks and if any CC breaks that would affect them, they don’t patch.

I would love to know how you can play offline, because, last time I check, you can only "play offline" after being online and starting the game. You can't really escape any updates unless you were aware that you can stop automatic updates.

-

Unrelated to the first point. 

As for CC Doors & Windows, as there been any news in regards to the batch fix from Sims 4 Studios. I don't mind waiting. I just haven't heard about it in a while.

Message 243 of 268 (1,230 Views)

Hero
@Taeddiez Turn off automatic updates for good (in Origin). Then when you start the game it asks you to update. Decline and put Origin in offline mode.

This should work as discussed here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Game-won-t-launch-without-updating-Pls-help/m-p/958128...

After that you should be able to play without updating

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 244 of 268 (1,228 Views)

Re: Sims4 to download on to a hard drive on a MacBook pro

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora hello again my game has been running good my only problem with the game os for some reason my custom content windows and doors don't work on the walls like they used to before i used the hard drive. It just shows the frame the window or door and then the wall in the middle of it. not sure if that's due to my computer or the hard drive
Message 245 of 268 (1,147 Views)

★ Guide
@elizabeth211995 I butt in but this is a current known issue. Doors and windows broke with the latest patch (most CC doors and windows but apparently some from the game as well) Sims 4 Studio is still working on a fix. So don't worry it's neither your computer nor your hardrive, it's just the game being what it is.
Message 246 of 268 (1,138 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EriSims974 okay thank you so much
Message 247 of 268 (1,123 Views)

@elizabeth211995

Merged your post about the CC windows into this ongoing thread.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 248 of 268 (1,099 Views)

★★ Novice

I have played The Sims since the very beginning, and many other games, and have never played a video game that did not have bugs - some are simple and some are not so simple.   Yes, it's very aggravating and off-putting to have to stop in the middle of a big build session   But, getting upset about it is not going to change it.   I suspect it will be fixed soon, and you know mods are not supported by anyone associated with the game as you see this disclaimer on everything.   So, in the meantime, chill....   read a book, browse the internet for educational sites..

Message 249 of 268 (1,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I wish I had known earlier that I can disable updates or that they're not mandatory.

Is there no way to go back to an earlier version?

I just wish I could undo the patch.

Message 250 of 268 (948 Views)