Re: MOD took my windows!

by romy1961

Original Post

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem. Gave myself a break from the game to see if it's all sorted when I come back.....nope Frown

I've recently been declared legally blind and The Sims is so familiar to me, because I've played it for so long, and it has great accessibility features. When they do things like this is takes me SO long to figure out what's wrong. Really annoyed this is still not fixed. 

Message 221 of 268 (1,951 Views)

MOD took my windows!

★★★ Newbie

So I downloaded this mod that removes the backgrounds, all the default houses that come in the world (for the base game) and it's great and all but now I can't use any of my CC windows.  Problem is, I have now lost the mod and I can NOT find it.  Anybody know what one it may be?? thank you <3 <3 3

Message 222 of 268 (1,896 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@KmartAcidSession 

All CC Windows are currently broken. You should contact the author to see if an update is being worked on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 223 of 268 (1,881 Views)

Re: Doors and windows won't show

★★★★★ Novice

I noticed another bug, some original game doors in the mirror don't reflect the door correctly, we just see the frame but not the door ??
I make it clear that they are not CC

Message 224 of 268 (1,822 Views)

Hero
@NoxOculis That has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Doors-windows-and-arches-clipping-in-mirror/m-p/94...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 225 of 268 (1,818 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks, for the quick response
your link does not give an answer about this!
the problem or the question is that the user already has several batches with CCs, he makes a face
So if the original windows and doors bug, how will the user smile again?
What are the answers? not look at the mirror?
more concretely what the devs will do?
it's a game bug !!
not because of a CC

Message 226 of 268 (1,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NoxOculis The mirror reflection and the 2 GT WIndows + 1 Door are a game bug that EA needs to fix.

The CC windows/doors need to be updated by the creators (or hopefully a batch fix). Once EA fixes the reflection issue and the cc windows are updated, they should also not have the reflection issue. Chances that EA will do anything about cc windows not working are next to 0.

So yes the reflections are a bug, hence the thread is in the bug forum. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 227 of 268 (1,797 Views)

★★ Novice

Im SUPER MAD at EA for doing this but Im not as mad as some people are, do they even know people like and use CC I know they dont support mods but WTF EA we spend lots of money on a good game but certain patches just really want to make me play sims 1 instead, Im not saying sims 1 is bad but honestly. Be. Better. EA.

Message 228 of 268 (1,753 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@KmartAcidSession It's the Tmex-TOOL.
Message 229 of 268 (1,712 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SpellCzechMe how to play a different save with windows and doors working?
Message 230 of 268 (1,547 Views)