Re: Broken Windows and Doors after last Origin-Update

by qtpiesim

Original Post

★★★★ Expert

@Bluebellflorawrote:

Your comment is interesting. For you the game is garbage but the CC isn't. The game is therefore just the means for you to play with 3rd party content. But you are expecting Maxis to reverse the changes they made to windows, which will benefit everyone's vanilla game, to accommodate your modded game.

How about the creators update their CC? Have you checked to see if the CC windows you have have been updated by the creator? If they haven’t, have you asked them if they intend to? As CC users we are at the mercy of the CC creators, not EA.

Well, 1st, the game IS garbage ATM. In a hundred different ways it's completely unplayable. CC/Mods are REQUIRED for stable game-play and fixing of the thousands of broken things EA refuses to fix.  And if the options weren't so limited, maybe CC wouldn't be so much in demand.

They don't seem to be asking to REVERSE anything. Just EA should fix their broken junk.  Same as so many of us others are as well.

Personally, I like the change they made to the doors and windows. I don't like that it broke CC versions but I can only assume that was unavoidable.  Modders and Sims4Studio will take care of the CC versions since EA won't. Lol. They won't even fix their OWN stuff, let alone fix anything of OURS.

Message 211 of 268 (1,680 Views)

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

★★★ Novice

i have recolors by SimPlistic that work, the RH island living package. island living is required.

Message 212 of 268 (1,698 Views)

Re: Windows and doors glitch help

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Breona3 wrote:
@RussianJunkieYou need the tool mod. This video should kinda fix the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13rMOvi8P0Q

Ohh!! Thanks!! for now solve my problem, I have a pair of arches in my living room that I would hate to delete...

Message 213 of 268 (1,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its so irretating wen I just want to build but I cant and I end up just suting my computer off cecause its so anoying!

Message 214 of 268 (1,553 Views)

@qtpiesim wrote:
@Bluebellflora.....That was a bit harsh. Your understanding of why people utilize CC is skewed. Maxis content is plain and without depth. Designs are not colored very well and I believe that the standard colors are not designed but just splashed color. The variety of colors are the problem, as well as the patterned designed colors.

The game has definitely improved as to the 3D appearance and designing homes have been made much more user friendly with abilities to create incredibly beautiful structures. However, again the variety of painting or choices of wall "colorings" are basic in itself.

These are just a few reasons why people love to utilize CC. The VARIETY.

It's kind of like playing with paper army figures compared to Toy Story army figures. We all would prefer a more realistic look to the creations we create.

My understanding is skewed? Or is it just a different opinion? Not everyone believes that "Maxis content is plain and without depth".

I use CC, quite a lot of it and for all the reasons you list. But I still do not believe it is EA's responsibility to apply a fix for those of us choosing to play with CC installed. They have made a fantastic change to how windows work in the game for ALL players. Unfortunately it changed the cutouts so CC windows need updating. Some creators have already fixed their windows, some are hoping S4S release a batch fix, some won't bother, and some aren't active anymore. That's why we are at their mercy by choosing to install their 3rd party content into our game.

I hope that Maxis spend time looking at more serious, game breaking bugs than this. This is not a game breaking bug, it is an aesthetic problem.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 215 of 268 (1,490 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I was so upset about the windows and dorrs, so I had to make some new one. You can see them how it looks like on youbute and you'll find there also the downloadlink.

I had to handle... for me and for you :-)

Fell invited... if you like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80c9rjS2xks

Message 216 of 268 (1,100 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora

Skewed: "biased or distorted in a way that is regarded as inaccurate, unfair, or misleading."

Skewed has several meanings. Inaccurate, distorted, possibly misleading are the terms intended.

I never stated that it was their responsibility. As to you personally, I never stated your opinion or desires were the reasons why, I stated "PEOPLE."

This is not about you. It's about how MANY, (as in multiple persons), get frustrated. BTW, I have Maxis content that's doing the same thing. So, YES!!!! This is a Maxis issue.

I accept your opinion because you have a right to your own opinion and it doesn't bother me one bit.

Again, this is a Maxis issue as I have Maxis doors that are not working. And, I see that it continues to be a problem and it has NOT been corrected since 9/3/2020. Today is what? 9/22/2020? Do you not think it's time to get a message out to all the PEOPLE that have spent their hard earned money on their game and parts of the game are broken?

I understand that you are neither upset or frustrated over this and that you enjoy custom content as well, but for some PEOPLE it is a game breaker. They are frustrated and upset because they cannot play the way they wish to as they have to settle or search for something that might make them it's as they wish it to appear.

I provide examples and pictures, AND, I get no response back, only a response from you and you are hurt because I used the term "skewed."

This forum is NOT my idea of Maxis communicating with the people who provide their salaries, wouldn't you say?
Message 217 of 268 (1,047 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@romy1961 on youtube and feel invited ;-)
Message 218 of 268 (1,067 Views)

@qtpiesim 

"This forum is NOT my idea of Maxis communicating with the people who provide their salaries, wouldn't you say?" No, I wouldn't.

I'm not hurt at all Standard smile

Which doors are not working? When you say not working, do you mean they do not look as they should? Or do you mean that a sim cannot use them as a door and walk through them? Have you checked the bug forum as I believe there is a report for the Maxis windows and doors affected by this update. I think there are approximately 3 items on that list?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 219 of 268 (1,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In 1 week it's october already and they still haven't fixed it.

I gave them a very bad rating in the survey.

Maybe if we all answer this, they'll notice us:

https://help.ea.com/en/csat/site-survey/'

Take the survey and post your complaint on the remarks section on the very bottom before you submit.

This is so frustrating

Message 220 of 268 (1,191 Views)