Re: Broken Windows and Doors after last Origin-Update

by qtpiesim

Original Post

my CC windows and doors are greyed ou

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I just got a new update in my game The Sims 4 and all of my Custom Content doors and windows are greyed out. I tried using non-custom content windows and doors work. I looked it up and tried all the solutions I found, such as repairing my game and turning my graphics up. All my other custom conetent things work properly except the doors and windows. I am on a windows 10 PC. My graphics are on medium. I've tried a lot of things but nothing works. I don't know if I should delete my windows mods and reinstall them or whatever. I don't want to have to deal with this forever because I LOVE windows. Please help.

Thank You.

Message 201 of 268 (2,116 Views)

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

★★★ Novice

Remember! mods and cc are disabled when the game gets updated. They have 0 obligation to let us use them. They ALLOW mods and cc and they KNOW a lot of their players use Them. So in a way they do.. sort of support it because it encourages people to create, But it isn't that important and they are not going to make a special update just to appease cc users. The better half of simmers enjoy the original game without cc and mods. We will have to wait and hope they fix it with the next update. On another note, The most recent update did effect EA objects in the exact same way as the cc, so I'm just going to hope when the issue is fixed with their objects it will fix the cc

In previous posts on this thread, people have mentioned more issue than just with windows, doors, and arches. If you are experiencing any other issues you may have broken mods or cc in your folder. after the recent update I have only issues with cc doors, windows, and arches.

ps. do not DM me. i do not work for EA.

Message 202 of 268 (2,078 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here is there a fix yet?

Message 203 of 268 (1,943 Views)

Re: can't see through windows when walls are up in Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

My non CC windows work but my cc ones dont please help me!

Message 204 of 268 (1,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've also had the same problem.  While most of the non-CC doors and windows work, none of the cc ones do.  It's very annoying, especially since every other update EA has done regarding this game didn't bring forth an issue as serious as this upon the players.  Whatever update/patch they've done clearly overlooked an issue that never seemed to be such a big problem for them in the past.  Quite frankly, I'm disappointed with EA for not only this particular oversight, but allowing the mess to continue and have a growing number of players frustrated as a result.  EA is more than capable of fixing the problem and quickly, but this is something they haven't done and this is disappointing to say the least.

I do understand EA isn't responsible for the mods, but they are responsible for maintaining a decent quality level to games they make available to the public.  What they've done has actually taken away that decent quality level with an update that feels more like a downgrade than anything else.

I've done repair game files, uninstalled and reinstalled, went to Sims 4 Studio, etc.  It's all a failure.  EA really let their audience down with the worst upgrade ever done where Sims 4 is concerned.

Message 205 of 268 (1,727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

currently we can just wait? 😂 lol mmkk, how fun. 2 weeks later... still waiting.

I literally can not with your comment. It's sad no one has confidence in EA... it's really not considering they are constantly breaking our games. It's sad we even have to use CC.. sad cc creators can create items that look 10 times better than EA... and you know what's really sad?!  That it's been 2 weeks and they haven't so much as even commented on it.. still no fix. I'm 100% sure they will fix their own crap and leave the rest to us and creators to handle. Which is GARBAGE. Just like the game without CC... THAT'S WHAT'S SAD.

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 206 of 268 (1,668 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@hayput wrote:

I literally can not with your comment. It's sad no one has confidence in EA... it's really not considering they are constantly breaking our games. It's sad we even have to use CC.. sad cc creators can create items that look 10 times better than EA... and you know what's really sad?!  That it's been 2 weeks and they haven't so much as even commented on it.. still no fix. I'm 100% sure they will fix their own crap and leave the rest to us and creators to handle. Which is GARBAGE. Just like the game without CC... THAT'S WHAT'S SAD.

Agreed.

Message 207 of 268 (1,462 Views)

Re: Windows and doors glitch help

★ Novice
@RussianJunkie You need the tool mod. This video should kinda fix the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13rMOvi8P0Q
Message 208 of 268 (1,449 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayput wrote:

Your comment is interesting. For you the game is garbage but the CC isn't. The game is therefore just the means for you to play with 3rd party content. But you are expecting Maxis to reverse the changes they made to windows, which will benefit everyone's vanilla game, to accommodate your modded game.

How about the creators update their CC? Have you checked to see if the CC windows you have have been updated by the creator? If they haven’t, have you asked them if they intend to? As CC users we are at the mercy of the CC creators, not EA.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 209 of 268 (1,421 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora.....That was a bit harsh. Your understanding of why people utilize CC is skewed. Maxis content is plain and without depth. Designs are not colored very well and I believe that the standard colors are not designed but just splashed color. The variety of colors are the problem, as well as the patterned designed colors.

The game has definitely improved as to the 3D appearance and designing homes have been made much more user friendly with abilities to create incredibly beautiful structures. However, again the variety of painting or choices of wall "colorings" are basic in itself.

These are just a few reasons why people love to utilize CC. The VARIETY.

It's kind of like playing with paper army figures compared to Toy Story army figures. We all would prefer a more realistic look to the creations we create.

I understand that Sims 5 will have better graphics, but many of us cannot afford a new computer or upgrade, due to COVID. Many of us do not purchase computers just to play games on. We need something that allows us to have variety. Another reason many people will be unable to play the new versions to come is this: We keep spending money on newer and better versions of the game. Again, with COVID and the economy, it may not be profitable for EA Games to launch a new game until the economy improves.

In the meantime, we are just looking for ways to spend our time at home waiting for our jobs to return, and not having CC to distract us from the troubles in the world, well makes being at home awful.
Message 210 of 268 (1,889 Views)