Re: Broken Windows and Doors after last Origin-Update

by romy1961

Original Post

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I think it's just that they should give the option to use the new windows system or not. It is quite easy and leave players the possibility to make a choice.
Message 171 of 268 (4,474 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Agree! But I guess this discussion is not welcomed by EA...

@ everyone who says that CC are not EA's problem: so why is there a special folder for CC? Folder created by EA, of course. Any answer to that? Wink

Message 172 of 268 (4,500 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@holger1405 Hi! I have to repeate myself... IT DOES NOT WORK!
Look what I'vo done to try that, what some of you here say:
- I've put my Windows 10-System on a earlier stand with "restore". So I had all my Programms on a stand like 28.08.2020 (that inculdes also Origin)
- I allways have on a separate HD a copy of the Sims 4-Game, so I removed the acually folder and put the older one inside my Documents.
- I maked sure, that the File with the gameversion is older. It was the version 1.65.77.1020.
- I've put Origin and the other buttons offline/no update, etc. (by Origin under "Client Update")
- I've tried to start the game with my PC offline.
No way! Origin started not my game. It required to go online.
- I went online, but not activated the button update and tried again.
No way! I said: OK
- I activated only Origin-Update, but not Game-Update
No way!

So I've tried something else: I have the original Sims 4 DVD. I've uninstalled the Origin-App from my PC and started the DVD with the very old version of Origin. At that moment I didn't cared whether I had the expansion packs or not. The old version was installed, I went offline and tried to lauch the game.
No way! Origin allways wanted an update, and without update went nothing.

So, I am not entitled anymore to believe what is being said by some people here.
I am very upset because from about 30 Lots only one has the Maxis doors and windows. I just don't like them, they looks like dirty, don't have enough transparency, don't realy match to each other.

I have the alternative, so I get it! My problem,, or what about I am so angry is that you cannot put your game, or own system on a earlier stand and play like for example 1 Month ago. Each programm in the world that I know, updates ONLY if I accept it. Origin not!

Think about it how many hours I've spend to try all that, what I've described above... And I don't want to mention how much money I have spent on this game and packs. I've buyed them all!
And here is the problem... If I were able to play with an older game- or/and originversion until this bug with windows and door is fixed, I would have no problem with that - not at all!
But as I've founded out, no I can not play with an older version.

It's true that EA / Maxis has only responsability for their own stuff, but they surely know that and how many people use CC. They have to take this into account, because without CC the game lives perhaps 1/2 of ist time, and surely not for years. They should be so intelligent to say: OK lets stimulate the CC-Creators, to make the game live longer and earn more money even with older packs.
The game is not even half so exciting without CC and Mods.

Now I haven't even open Origin anymore. I don't realy care about it. As soon as I see the stupid windows and doors I'm only annoyed about EA and they politics.

You know, they don't even reach something with it, because there are so many tutorials and crack files about how you can play without origin or original game... so there are still a lot of people wich don't buy the game, but play it.
Personaly I don't want cracks on my PC, no way for me!
And EA gives me, like a loyal and honest buyer, not the chande to decide if and how I play my game.

So, I return to your mention: NO, that what you say is not correct!

All my own CC I've created durint the years are working in the game. I have not created any windows and doors because it's very complicated and takes a lot of time, that I don't have. So I am not upset about my work. But other creators, with takes this lot of time to make us all happy without requesting money for their work... what about them?

I'm surely you are wellminded and want to help, Unfortunately you can not help :-(

Message 173 of 268 (4,499 Views)

Hero
@SisterLigeia It's for visibility as the solution post says Wink

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 174 of 268 (4,486 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Gwendoalex You are so right! Thank you for this comment! This is the most intelligent comment I have read since this update-problem exist!
Message 175 of 268 (4,482 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@holger1405 I've forgotten: You can play with an older game version and currently originversion, but you have already the broken windows and doors. So you can't affirm that origin does not take influence on your game! Right now I have the newest originversion, but the gameversion before and all CC windows, doors and arches are broken.
Message 176 of 268 (4,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I find it kinda sad that no one here has confidence in the community to come up with a fix.

They always have in the past and we're having this discussion each rare time cc (not mods, they break almost with every patch) breaks .. and then everyone forgets it happened before cause the cc community is amazing and came up with a fix on their own.

And they made a folder to make it easier we can use mods/cc cause as they knew that the community would come up with a solution really fast as with other titles if they didn't. It's there for convenience. Doesn't mean individual cc is supported because of it. They support the framework but not a 3rd party creates.

@Gwendoalex Of course they could and as I said elsewhere, CC doesn't really break that often (by that I mean whole groups of cc and not single ones) and maybe that is because EA does try to keep it compatible where they can but at times it might just not be feasible to support every state of old cc. There has been issues with doors/windows before where they all disappeared and needed updating so if they keep supporting ever version, it gets more and more complex. 

We all see the complexity of this game breaking more and more game stuff and adding level of support to cc will up that even more.

S4Studio is still working on a batch fix and once that is out, it's really not hard to fix it. We had it with beds before and with windows/doors and other instances, just look at the number of batch fixes they already have. 

EDIT: And oh, if they did that that you can still use old cc, creators wouldn't be forced to update and I can already see all the reports in here saying: I can't stack my windows like they promised <insert all kinds of insults>

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 177 of 268 (4,451 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@crinrict 

I pretty much agree with all of that.  The fact that the company put in a "Mods" folder, allowing us to create and use CC/Mods is WONDERFUL.  It allows us to FIX problems in the game because EA certainly WON'T.

The idea that they can't support any of it is completely understandable.  It's flat-out impossible for them to design the game to work properly for ALL CC/Mods. It just can't happen.

Oh, if they have two options to fix a problem or design a new feature, one that works with CC and one that doesn't, I'd expect them to use the option that works.  They certainly don't need to be alienating their player-base any further. They're doing a great deal to upset their players already by not fixing their own bugs. But if the only option will break CC, then they really don't have much choice. The CC community will have to just deal with it... which we have for years.

I'm confident we'll come up with a fix eventually.  We have already come up with FIXES for most of the bugs that EA refuses to fix.

Message 178 of 268 (4,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

has this issue been fixed??? I still have the same windows/door, still not functional

Message 179 of 268 (4,301 Views)

The sims 4 Mods door and window

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

All my other mods Work but Doors and window. I have tried deleting Them and download Them again but IT is the same result.

I can see Them when i love Them but after setting Them om the walls, there disappear and i can only se the frame of the door

Message 180 of 268 (4,525 Views)