Re: Broken Windows and Doors after last Origin-Update

by romy1961

Original Post

Re: Error code 140:95e2d14f:30cc6644

★★★★ Novice

Hello! Im using BE as well. When you took it out did it fix something for you? Im getting the error message but game seems to okay besides the cc issue

Message 141 of 268 (1,200 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update for CC

@qtpiesim 

Maxis must be able to patch the game to invent new features or to squash bugs at any time they want.
Including CC into this processes would make it, as Crin rightly said, impossible for them to do that.

(And as said before, it is literally impossible to include every CC content anyway.) 

The base game is Maxis responsibility, and they have their hands full with it.

If you use CC you can disable automatic updates and look at the forums if something got broken and then wait for the CC creator to fix their content.

That way you avoid the frustration.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 142 of 268 (1,207 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can*t help but comment on this question...

"Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?"

NO!!! I haven' changed anything on MY SYSTEM - EA did!!!

There is one thing now I want from EA: EA shouldn't change anything in my game, if I don't want to. I want to decide myself if and when updates will be installed, or not. My game should be playable as, when and how I wish. And the reason is very simple - because I paided for it!

The Origin-Updates have broken my game so many times!

You may go offline and refuse the updates, but then you can't play.

You go online, disable the automatical updates - you can't play.because your game HAS TO BE UPDATED

You accept the updates and ???

Now a lot of creators rack their brains to find a solution! Is that fair?

Let us decide if, when and what we update, and if we update, we should have the possibility to undo it, if we want to!

What will mean the Sims 4 without us, the gamer, CC- and Mods Creators?

Sims 4 lives longer and better with those "Creations" and "Creators". Message arrived?

Message 143 of 268 (1,192 Views)

Re: My mod doors and windows don't work anymore

★ Apprentice
@OhhSimmiBaby Its an issue from the last patch. They changed the way windows work and it broke all cc windows and doors along with some maxis doors an windows. S4S is currently working on a batch fix. They almost got the curved windows problem fixed. The coding was changed an they no longer use cutouts for windows but instead use coordinates or something like that. Its a long tedious process to fix. Just have patience. Frown
Message 144 of 268 (1,180 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I just gotta wait it out Frown

Message 145 of 268 (1,176 Views)

★★ Guide

Cudos for S4S, I have never used it and I don't know how I gonna apply the batch fix, but if it will fix it I hope someone explains in detail how to do it.

Honestly, at this point I just wished the gurus removed the stupid window placement update, it would be easier. It's stupid to deny that mooooost of the Sims4 players actually use CC to spice up the game, the ones who doesn't use CC or mods at all are a minority.  Besides, weren't the windows able to be placed with bb.moveobjects?

Message 146 of 268 (1,169 Views)

@romy1961  I have auto game updates disabled in Origin.  Whenever I don't feel like updating Sims 4, I sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, and then the orange Update button on Sims 4 changes to Play.  This worked as recently as the patch from a month ago.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 147 of 268 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for your intervention. I know this all, but it doesn*t works as you say. Unfortunately...

I can fix almost everything on my sytem and games, but it was impossible to play without the last update. You can belive me!

After I restored my PC on the previous status, I could not play anything in Origin without the update, neither offline nor online. This is how it looks...

Regards!

Message 148 of 268 (1,146 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@romy1961 

You can play offline if you want to. It will however mean that you can not get any new packs and from your perspective probably worse you can not use any new CC and Mods.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 149 of 268 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm sorry to contradict you, but no - you can not play offline if you want to.

I restored my system again and have now the Origin version bevor the update from 3.September. You can definitely nicht play without updating your Origin-Version. That*s a fact and not ignorance or missunderstanding. The Button is orange, but as soon as you click it, returns after a second on the same position and you can not start the game.

Origin Message above: you are offline, an important update is REQUIRED. Start again to get the new version,

Pretty clever to promote or rather force the new version, but very bad for customers. 

Message 150 of 268 (1,423 Views)