Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

by krustie3000

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

ah thanks man

Message 91 of 268 (2,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No we don't understand really. You don't support mods because you can't directly profit from them but you do profit from them and your game wouldn't be as successful as it is if there wasn't mods and CC. I've spent thousands over the last 20 years on Sims and I can tell you something, you wouldn't have made a penny from me with your box standard build or buy items, I would have lost interest by sims 2 but because of mods and CC here I am 45 still playing Sims and spending a hell of a lot of money that I earn on what I call my hobby. I've purchased every game and every pack, apart from knitting ( like why?) and I certainly won't be purchasing star wars especially after this update. 

Its about time EA started listening to all of its customers not just the young and a select few. 

As for deleting links to help your customers get their games back up and running, well shame on you EA, you broke them in the first place. 

@jpkarlsen Absolutely a gamer changer, thank you!

@Bluebellflora I wouldn't say blindly, as soon as I open my Sims game it updates. It actually tells me my game will not play without updating when I've tried to stop them in the past.
Obviously a lot don't know about the settings feature but this was a hard lesson but I'm glad I know now. Bye bye crappy updates! Thank you!

@KeitaDarkwolf There have been plenty of updates that haven't screwed with the game in this way. Usually it a few items which is good and expected but not at this magnitude. Your right there are great creators that produce mm cc like felixandre but thats mainly for build items, buy items are another story. There are also game windows and doors that are also broke so this is an EA problem. Most CC users update CC on the regular its vital to use but not on this scale, its impossible unless you only use a few select items. Plus there are a lot of retired creators so you can't update anyway.

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit.)

Message 92 of 268 (2,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Post pinned for visibility

Hi folks,

I've completed cleaning up the thread there, you may see notes in your post that details this.

Could I ask you to please edit your posts to add any additional information you may have instead of posting in a row? Posting in a row is considering spamming bumps and would break our forum rules. You can edit your post by selecting the 3 dots in the top right corner of your post and selecting 'Edit'.

For a visual guide on how to edit a post, click on this link.

Thank you Heart

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 93 of 268 (10,920 Views)

Hero

S4Studio folks seem confident they can get a batch fix.

They're looking for samples for broken CC so head over to their site (Google: S4Studio) and check this thread

Sims 4 Chat > patch-related issues that may need a batch fix here

Can also help you keep updated on what's going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 268 (2,518 Views)

Re: cant see through windows

★★★★★ Pro

Since these windows are custom content, they probably need to be fixed by the person who made the custom content. You should post about your problem on the website where you found them. If you don't remember where you found them, it's probably best to just stop using them and look for other windows that do work.

Message 95 of 268 (2,465 Views)

Windows/doors blended into the walls

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? -
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Eco and Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -
What happens when the bug occurs? Windows/Doors blended into the walls as per screengrab, however functional
What do you expect to see? doors and windows to be visible, and windows to be able to see-through
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Windows/Doors blended into the walls as per screengrab

Message 96 of 268 (2,467 Views)

Re: cant see through windows

Hero
@ninalb1234 @xiaoqilim

Merged your posts with the cc windows/door thread

For the issues with game content please use either of these threads

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/td-p/...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Stone-Frame-Holey-Geometry-Windows-broken/m-p/9...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 97 of 268 (2,461 Views)

Window and Door CCs not showing up after latest update.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When using a door or a window CC
What happens when the bug occurs? The door or window does not show up and only the border of the window or door appears on the wall.
What do you expect to see? The door/window actually showing up like normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Window and Door CCs not showing up after latest update. I'm new to playing the Sims so I didn't know about disabling automatic updates. Does anyone know how to revert back to the previous update? Also, how could I tell EA about this problem so they could resolve it?

Message 98 of 268 (2,436 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update for CC

★ Novice

It's a glitch with the new update. Creators will have to update their stuff (or wait for a batch fix from Sims Studio). Peacemaker says he has probably over 400-500 items (windows, doors etc) to update, IF he can manage to do it; he says it would take weeks, but he figured out what the problem is (it's listed on his page Peacemaker's Place). We will have to be patient and wait this one out or use Maxis windows/doors, unfortunately. 

Message 99 of 268 (2,404 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update for CC

★★★ Newbie

Does this mean we would have to delete all the CC and redownload the updated content? Sorry, I'm new to playing Sims. Also, how could we contact Sims 4 Studio for them to do a batch fix?

Message 100 of 268 (2,392 Views)