Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

by CristinaNicols

Original Post

@CristinaNicols

If you do not want to update your game, disable automatic updates and play offline.

Not directed at you but are people really not aware that they can do this, 6 years into the game? Or is it not taking the time to understand the risks involved with 3rd party content and blindly updating without checking to see if there are any reported issues?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 81 of 268 (3,271 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

I did now. Unfortunately to late. I did not know that i could stop the automatical updates and i never had such an issue before.

i know that i am not irresponsible on that issue, but i can't understand how ea could * like that on their gamers, within a game that relly lives and dies with CC.

As i read here that some of the OC windows don't work too, I really hope they will fix it. At the moment i have abloutely no interest in playing the sims ever again.

Message 82 of 268 (3,250 Views)

Re: Error code 140:95e2d14f:30cc6644

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@ElectricMecury I have also been having this problem! I have reloaded my game at least 10 times!

@Frimlin Thank you for this

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit.)

Message 83 of 268 (3,217 Views)

Sims 4 CC windows, doors broken after September 2020 patch

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, after September 2020 patch in Sims 4, there are CC doors and windows broken. Is there any chance that you can fix it in early, or do I have to download new CC, which is comatible with patch? Tahnk you.

Message 84 of 268 (3,121 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, some people aren't aware and that's ok. Thank you for educating others. Now I can turn off my updates, never knew I could do that, despite playing since  the beginning. But for me, personally, the game is unplayable without cc. I think this goes for the people concerned as well. Issues and bugs are just a part of the game, cc or not.

Message 85 of 268 (3,137 Views)

Sims 4 Update for CC

★★★ Newbie

none of my custom content doors or windows show up properly when they're on a wall, but when i moved them away i can see it completely.  anyone know why or how to fix it?  it'd be much appreciated. xoxo

Message 86 of 268 (3,082 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update for CC

Champion (Retired)

Hi @aimster68

You might be best having this moved to the Sims 4 forums for a better response: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

@EA_Demz 

Message 87 of 268 (3,096 Views)

[ Edited ]

@aimster68 and @bosinovmar  I've merged your posts with the master thread on this issue.  The recent update added new functionality for doors and windows, and cc items don't have that built in.  So you'll need to wait for updates from the creators, or perhaps a batch fix from Sims 4 Studio.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 88 of 268 (3,114 Views)

why are my windows and doors not coming up on the wall

★★★★★ Novice

My windows and doors will not show up on my walls, use mods and cc, and its only for the custom windows and doors.

Message 89 of 268 (2,984 Views)

cant see through windows

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, party package, cats and dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When i try to place a custom content window i cant see through it and its a grey colour instead on transparant
What happens when the bug occurs? U cant see through the window
What do you expect to see? A bug that he glitches right away out the tub
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I cant see through windows in the sims 4 and they are grey coloured instead of transparant

Message 90 of 268 (2,712 Views)