Re: Error code 140:95e2d14f:30cc6644

by JunipersLog

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@Frimlin Thank you so much! I'll remove it and see if that helps!
Message 71 of 268 (1,748 Views)

★ Novice

I disagree because I was seeing that exact error code before I was even using the mod by twistedmexi .

Message 72 of 268 (2,001 Views)

★ Apprentice

I dont use mods.. just cc.. i still have the problem. Its from the patch an when they changed the way windows work. It has something to do with the placement of the swatch or something inside the window or door. But I still don't see how it affects doorframes. Unless it's because there's the open space in-between each end. Grrrr. 

Message 73 of 268 (1,961 Views)

★★ Novice
@ElectricMecury I just went through my game, took out Better Expectations Mod. No more error pop-ups. My cousin said that once she took out her Littlemssam mods her pop-ups stop as well. Hopefully taking out either of the two (if you have them) works for you.
Message 74 of 268 (1,937 Views)

9/3/2020 update cc build mode glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There's a glitch which began on game update 9/3/2020
What happens when the bug occurs? CC doors frames are only visible
What do you expect to see? The CC doors are no longer visible and appear to melt into walls. Door frame is only visible but not part of the wall, meaning the frame of door does not create a door space either.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. automatic patch on 9/3/2020 occurred, which also failed at 91%. I restarted Origin and download began, stated finalizing, and then appeared to be a normal update. But, only doors appear to be the problem.

All my custom content doors and arches melt into walls with frames only visible.  Some of the cc content doors are massively large also.  This began after 9/3/2020 patch!!!

***UPDATE***

@crinrict   YESTERDAY...I updated this message but it has disappeared.  I found a maxis door that also does exactly what the CC doors and windows produce.  Please see photo dated 9/13/2020.

Message 75 of 268 (1,836 Views)

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@chiaki207 Me too I won't play until it's fixed. This is just disrespectful from EA.

@crinrict thanks

@murryshinoda Hahaha! So true! And I think this is the same for ongoing updates in general, not only Sims 4.

I understand what you mean, but I think this issue could have easily been avoided. They should do take CC into consideration if they know that an update will mess them up. We are not talking about mods here, just custom objects. Mods are a different matter. I think EA has to respect CC because the community that creates them is a reason for The Sims' commercial success. EA is aware of it; otherwise why would they allow CC to be created so easily? They could have created a game that is not customisable. EA says they are not responsible for any issue with CC (and it is perfectly normal), but on another hand they are very happy that people dedicate time to create CC. Once again, I am just talking about objects, not mods; I understand that mods are more complex.

Ok, but maybe they could just have had an option like "use new windows".

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit.)

Message 76 of 268 (1,913 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @Aquia123! I actually answered leminamcnair above about that code. The error code 140:95e2d14f:30cc6644 is caused by Twisted Mexi's Better Exceptions. He's working on fixing it. In the meantime, you can remove that mod to get rid of that error. Have fun!

Message 77 of 268 (1,802 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I hope there's a solution really quick for this, I'm already not playing Sims for 3 days now, it's practically unplayable for me right now...

Message 78 of 268 (2,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Sure it's not their job to make cc working, it's just their job to keep the players gaming, which now, as i read here, many don't, as i don't

If the original objects won't suck that much, we might not need cc, already sims 2, i would not have played it without cc, i don't know any sims player who played it for years without cc, so they need to think about cc.

I liked the game as it was, i did not need the update, if they would have led me choose, i would have chosen my cc windows and doors, so as many other gamers too

Message 79 of 268 (2,011 Views)

★ Novice
@ElectricMecury Yes, i have this problem too
Message 80 of 268 (1,971 Views)