Re: Windows and doors glitch help

by _selfffcleaning_

Original Post

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

@krustie3000

What should EA do about it? This is 3rd party CC, not Maxis content. It is up to the creator to make sure they update their content.

@Marloes586

Keep checking with the creators of the CC you use. Hopefully they will start updating their CC.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 51 of 268 (1,626 Views)

Re: Doors and windows won't show

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora But EA make a lot of money from CC creators and maxis is well lets just face it crap. If I wanted my build to look like a cartoon then I wouldn't use it but I don't so I don't feel I have a choice. Plus for years its been playable so its not fair that after every update we're in danger of years of work going to waste. I support lots of fantastic creators, they're artists and EA not supporting external cc in their updates are actually doing their customers a disservice. At least give us the option of reversing the update so we can play previous versions of the game where our builds are not broken.
Message 52 of 268 (1,621 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Make ridiculous updates about star wars optional for players? Look at what their customers actually need from them. Make updates reversible? Plenty of things they could do apart from breaking people's game. Or maybe trying to employ these fantastic creators who make their games so much more fun and exciting than their box standard furnishings and build buys? Fingers crossed!
Message 53 of 268 (1,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@BluebellfloraI understand it is the responsebility of the maker of the cc to update it. But from the other hand it is EA who makes the updates obligated because you can't decline them and update it later.

Also I think there are more player who play with CC then there are who don't play with them. most of these players have been collecting the CC for over multiple years. It's a to great of work to go and check every CC you have ever collected and look for an update, just because EA pushed an update.

EA's content is very cartoony and players have been telling them this for years. The choose to stick with the cartoony look, so people are looking to spice it up in different area's. So yes I do think that we can expect a fix from EA's side. But also from the makers side.

I think there is something to say for both perspectives.

Message 54 of 268 (1,610 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Marloes586 

You can disable automatic updates and choose to update at a later time. I know several that do this so they have a chance to update their Mods before installing the update. Or they use a test save to check the Mods. Reverting to their main save game when they have confirmed everything is working.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 55 of 268 (1,595 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actually not just custom content doors and windows, even the King of diamonds classical door from GetTogether is not working. 

Message 56 of 268 (1,580 Views)

Hero
@_selfffcleaning_ For EA content please use these thread

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Stone-Frame-Holey-Geometry-Windows-broken/m-p/9...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 268 (1,577 Views)

Re: Error code 140:95e2d14f:30cc6644

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @ElectricMecury 

I believe error 140:95e2d14f:30cc6644 is Twisted Mexi's Better Exceptions. He is aware of the bug and is working on a fix. In the meantime, you can remove it from your mods folder, to avoid receiving this particular error. Good luck and have fun!

Message 58 of 268 (1,556 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Marloes586 wrote:

@BluebellfloraI understand it is the responsebility of the maker of the cc to update it. But from the other hand it is EA who makes the updates obligated because you can't decline them and update it later.

Also I think there are more player who play with CC then there are who don't play with them. most of these players have been collecting the CC for over multiple years. It's a to great of work to go and check every CC you have ever collected and look for an update, just because EA pushed an update.

EA's content is very cartoony and players have been telling them this for years. The choose to stick with the cartoony look, so people are looking to spice it up in different area's. So yes I do think that we can expect a fix from EA's side. But also from the makers side.

I think there is something to say for both perspectives.

THIS. 

Message 59 of 268 (1,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@fruchtpunsch So basically they should not update the game further ? Not give us new functionality like the free placement at all ?

Don't think that's the solution either.

Really hope there will be a batch fix but there might not be.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 268 (1,516 Views)