Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] King of Diamonds Classical Door glitching

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Me too! Until this issue is fixed, I refuse to play the game. I really can't bring myself to play with the game's original ugly meshes and ugly textures built stuff.

Message 21 of 268 (3,504 Views)

★ Apprentice

All of my cc windows, doors and doorways don't work. They just blend into the walls. I think I have 3 cc windows that work just fine and 1 cc door. But now I see that the latest patch broke all the cc windows, doors an doorways. 

The sims can still use the doors an doorways but it looks like they are walking thru the walls. I was in the middle of a build but now gotta stop until there's a batch fix for it or ea makes a patch to fix their patch. I can put windows up but like I said, they just blend into the wall an makes it look like, well a wall lol.

Message 22 of 268 (3,421 Views)

Hero
@enformer Moving your post to the CC windows thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 268 (3,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

It’s better for EA to fix it. Stop making people angry because of this patch. Just solve the problem. They did changes with placement windows and doors Some months ago and it was fine. But now? Why do cc creators have to change it? I don’t want to loose my builds. I have no reason to play this game without cc and working build mode!

Message 24 of 268 (3,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lenuitopera Cause to make the new functionality they added work, they had to add extra values. These values are missing for all cc windows.

I'm personally pretty confident that a batch fix from S4Studio can fix this but people need to be patient.

This is a statement given by andrew over at the S4Studio website

Thanks for letting us know about the issue with the doors and windows. We are looking into the issue. Initial testing shows that it may be suitable for a batch fix.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 268 (3,381 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Urgh, that's freaking me out, why are they doing such things?

Message 26 of 268 (3,322 Views)

Hero
@CristinaNicols Because you can freely place windows now, something many builders wanted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 268 (3,309 Views)

There is always a risk that a patch or DLC may break 3rd party CC and Mods. That is the risk we, the player, takes when we decide to use non-Maxis content in our games.

I'm not happy all my builds are currently borked but I can still play my game (I am also a builder). 

I would definitely recommend making a copy of your save before playing with this issue. In case the windows are not salvageable and you have to redo a build.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 28 of 268 (3,303 Views)

★ Novice

yep, all my cc windows, doors and arches are broken, i can place them but the wall still there, like when we tried to use 2 windows on the same wall before the patch. ._.

Message 29 of 268 (3,294 Views)

They did it again: Sims 4 update is useless and creates bugs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi, as usual I must install updates, even if I don't want to. I am obliged to do this, and I am getting really fed up with this, especially when I just wan to play, not wait for the useless updates. So far I have not noticed any major change after updates. This last one is by far the worst ever: my CC can't show properly, so far I have only seen issues with windows and doors. EA guys, seriously, I have never met someone who plays the Sims 4 without using CC. So you have to take CC into consideration, you can't just ignore them and say that it is not your problem. It is your problem: the Sims 4 community is built around them, without CC your game would not have such a success. I am so fed-up with you guys and with your constant updates: video games, Windows, etc...

UPDATE:

I launched the game again: the problem is that all the CC windows and doors are not working!!! Incredible. EA, are you going to fix this HUGE bug ASAP!?

Message 30 of 268 (3,143 Views)