Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

by SpellCzechMe

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@JCqueenton I think it’s not fair to use this against EA. Custom content is not made by the Sims they never have or never claimed to cater their efforts towards not breaking cc. To not break any cc when programming a game is asking too much, it’s on the cc creators to update their content as the game changes. They simply cannot test every piece of cc to make sure it doesn’t break. It sucks, but that’s the whole point of cc. Fan made content not screened by EA or the sims team.

Message 11 of 268 (6,940 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mine is messed up also. They were all working fine, then within the hour after the patch, they just stopped. So frustrated Frown Been trying to build this mansion forever. 

Checking back a lot to see when there will be a fix, because I'm not playing again until there is. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Message 12 of 268 (6,932 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@JCqueenton  It's not a huge deal. I use tons of CC windows/doors that have now broken but in exchange we can get windows closer together now and stack windows above doors. We've wanted that for years! And the CC doors can still be walked through and swing open so they clearly work, I think that the developers just made the walls a little thicker so CC meshes just need to be adjusted a little. Just play a different save while you wait. I'm sure it'll be fixed within a few weeks Standard smile

Message 13 of 268 (6,927 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I REALLY hope the change that broke them was actually meaningful because I spend pretty much 99% of my time in build/buy so this has made the game unplayable for me. At least for those that use live mode, sims can phase thru the walls so some functionality *is* there but it really doesn't look good. 

Message 14 of 268 (6,908 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SpellCzechMe I don't think the walls are thicker because I usually push objects right up against the walls and I'm not noticing any clipping, unless it automatically fixed wall clipping itself (which I doubt coming from the sims team)
Message 15 of 268 (6,904 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Very true.

Message 16 of 268 (6,874 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's not even just cc windows for me. I was building just the other day and I had used some windows from Get Together. I went in game today and they're broken. So this isn't even just a cc issue :/

Message 17 of 268 (6,808 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xboredsimsx If you have issues with certain game windows, it's best to create a bug report about them in the bug forum (best with pictures and names which ones are broken): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

(to everyone: Please do NOT report CC windows, that's what this thread is for)

Please use these threads if you have issues with game doors and winodws

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Stone-Frame-Holey-Geometry-Windows-broken/td-p/...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/td-p/9467717...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 268 (6,700 Views)

★★★ Novice
@xboredsimsx This is a good sign actually isn't it? If in-game windows are also glitching and not just cc ones then it is more likely the Sims team might batch fix the issue in another patch.
Message 19 of 268 (6,647 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same for me too. It's really aggravating because I switched from console to PC just so I could download custom content in build mode. I really hate this is an issue. I hope they patch this SOON. 

Message 20 of 268 (6,630 Views)