Re: Windows and doors glitch help

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a any cc window/door
What happens when the bug occurs? The cc doors and windows disappear partially (hidden in walls) and they aren't functional anymore
What do you expect to see? Functional and non disappearing (visible) cc doors and windows
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The september 3 2020 patch

Since the patch on september 3th 2020 all cc doors and windows aren't functional anymore.You can only see the outlines, but you can't walk through them anymore (doors) and they aren't letting in any light (doors and windows).

Message 2 of 268 (63,953 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CC still

[ Edited ]
Hero

S4Studio now has a batch fix for Custom Windows and Doors.

I cannot link the tool here as it's a third party tool and is not supported by EA. You'll be using at your own risk

Backup your saves and you custom content before attempting the fix

1. Google S4Studio to find their website
  2. Go to the Forum: Download Sims 4 Studio - Open Beta Version and choose the thread for Windows or Mac depending on your OS
  3. To download, you need to create an account (for free)
  4. PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS given on the site before batch fixing your windows. 

This is for all CC. Some of the creators also have already updated them. EA is not going to revert any changes they made or fix any CC Windows.

There are also a few problems with EA Windows/Doors. Those ARE bugs and need to be fixed by EA.

See the following links and me too or post there

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Doors-windows-and-arches-clipping-in-mirror/m-p/94...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/td-p/...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Almost-secure-safety-window-cutout-gap/td-p/947959...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 267 of 268 (26,737 Views)

All Replies

Windows and doors glitch help

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So my windows and doors are messed up. Yes it’s custom content and I’ve tried repairing the game and shutting it on and off. I really don’t know what do do here.

Message 1 of 268 (63,849 Views)
Highlighted

@RussianJunkie

Yep, today's patch broke them all. Hopefully S4S will come up with a batch fix.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 268 (63,836 Views)

Re: CC Doors and Windows not functional after september 3th patch (2020)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Cilfie Yes, CC windows are broken. Has to do with the changes they made to the window placement.

CC creators will need to fix this or maybe S4Studio will make a batch fix for this.

Currently you can just wait.

EDIT

If you're seeing this on any game windows, please use this thread

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Stone-Frame-Holey-Geometry-Windows-broken/td-p/...

For doors: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 268 (63,843 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too Frown 

Hopefully it won't take long to fix.

Message 5 of 268 (63,835 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here Frown

Message 6 of 268 (63,625 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm done with this game. Spending that much money for guys who don't event think about people who use CC... WOW... Let's play something else now. Sims 4 to the garbage. Thanks EA

Message 7 of 268 (63,510 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm absolutely livid over this

Message 8 of 268 (63,502 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I didn’t even want to stack windows! I wanted my custom windows. For every “bug” the sims team fixes, they create two more.

Message 9 of 268 (63,399 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue as well Frown 

Message 10 of 268 (63,388 Views)