Re: CC Content Not Working

by IclynSiez

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC Content Not Working

★★ Novice

So, I got the same CC content my sister has on her Sims4 game and it works perfectly fine on her computer, but will not register on mine. We have the same version and everything. Please help me.

Message 1 of 16 (478 Views)

Accepted Solution

@IclynSiez  Does the content work?  There are a few extraneous files in each screenshot, for example a readme and an extra Resource.cfg in the first one and a couple of previews in the second.  Any file that doesn't end in .package or .ts4script doesn't need to be there, with the exception of the Resource.cfg directly in the Mods folder.

But the real question is whether the content works.  If it does, then you're fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 12 of 16 (466 Views)

All Replies

@IclynSiez  Please post a screenshot of your Mods folder, and be sure to include the file path, shown above the list of files and folders, as well.  You can click Windows key-shift-S and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture, then click the notification in the lower right corner to open the image.  Or just open Paint and crtl-V to paste it.

The above is for Windows.  If you have a Mac, please let me know.

Message 2 of 16 (448 Views)

★★ Novice

Like this?Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 16 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@IclynSiez Make sure you have only one version of a mod in your game. Looks like you have all kinds of version in there.

Delete those old folders from MCCC and only have one folder for MCCC where you put all the current files in.

Also the path looks off. It should be Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (412 Views)

★★ Novice

So, what do I get rid of? I have package files and scripts.

Message 5 of 16 (398 Views)

@IclynSiez  I think the easiest thing may be to start over with a fresh download of MCCC plus any other mods you want.  Your screenshot shows you have several versions present, plus at least one extraneous .rar file that you don't need at all.

Download only the newest version of MCCC from its site, as in, 8.0.0.  (You can also download the Pregnancy add-on if you want it, but again, only 8.0.0, not the earlier versions.)  Unzip it and place it in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods.  In your screenshot, the mods are in a different Sims 4 folder that's directly inside Documents, but the game won't read any files there; the file path needs to be exactly as written above.

Message 6 of 16 (382 Views)

★★ Novice

OOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!! OKI!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 16 (375 Views)

★★ Novice

more like this?Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 16 (371 Views)

@IclynSiez  Yes, that looks good.  Please make sure that there are no folders inside the McCmdCenter folder.  Individual .package or .ts4script files can be in that folder, but they can't be in another subfolder inside that one, or the game won't read them.

Message 9 of 16 (369 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

hmmm ok

Message 10 of 16 (359 Views)