CC ABSENT in Start-UP and ABSENT in game *HELP*

by CrystalSpade223

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC ABSENT in Start-UP and ABSENT in game *HELP*

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having an issue with the custom content within Sims 4. None of the custom content is showing up in the game. I have my sims set up to show all CC upon startup, and nothing is coming up. Everything worked perfectly yesterday. Today everything is gone, including my previous saves, and I also cannot save any characters I have. Before you tell me to remove all my mods, I have done it several times, and nothing seems to work. I uninstall /reinstalled Origins and Sims 4, and it fixed nothing. I put the mods back in the game, and they continue not to show anything. I am not the only one having this issue because my friends are as well.

Please Assist I am starting to freak out.

- Crystal

Message 1 of 4 (362 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CC ABSENT in Start-UP and ABSENT in game *HELP*

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CrystalSpade223

Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"

Step 2. Fix the game in Origin once more
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new

Step 4.Start a new game with the random sim and play for 4 minutes.

Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.

Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.

Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.

Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file

Check if the game is working now with old save

Step 9. Copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one) You must find the culprit and delete it or replace it with the updated version.

Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly if your old save isn't so damaged, that it can't be fixed

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (351 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CrystalSpade223

Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"

Step 2. Fix the game in Origin once more
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new

Step 4.Start a new game with the random sim and play for 4 minutes.

Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.

Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.

Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.

Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file

Check if the game is working now with old save

Step 9. Copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one) You must find the culprit and delete it or replace it with the updated version.

Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly if your old save isn't so damaged, that it can't be fixed

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (352 Views)

★★ Novice
I'll give that a shot I'll let you know if it works thank you very much
Message 3 of 4 (346 Views)

★★ Novice

That fixed my CC problem the past save I had didn't go through but I'll gladly start over as long as my CC works I'm good. Thank you so much for all your help.

Message 4 of 4 (327 Views)