Re: CAS won't load from Origin

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CAS won't load from Origin

★★ Novice

At first I couldn't even get the CAS to download - AVG kept giving me a virus warning. EA support sent me directions on doing a clean boot, so I did that. Finally the "download" button changed to "play," but when I clicked it, nothing happened, either from the library screen or the game specific screen.

EA Support told me to restart my computer so I did. Then the CAS said it couldn't run without an update, and it kept pausing itself while updating. When I clicked resume, it would pause again, but sometimes it says "download failed."

Restarted and tried again. 

This doesn't really bode well for my dreams of TS4 being magical and bug free. 

Message 1 of 7 (716 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I'm a dork - all fixed! I had EA call me and I realized that in switching back and forth between my Mac and the PC, I just forgot basic stuff, like using ctrl-alt-del to close down AVG. D'oh. 

It's running! Made the sim I'm using as soon as I get the came.

Thanks as always for being awesome, crin! 

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (685 Views)

All Replies

Hero

But you had no issues logging in at all ? Origin had issues earlier. Unsure if they are solved or not.

I think it's probably mostly an Origin issue.

Did you delete the folder that was created in programs and start over that way ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (695 Views)

★★ Novice

No login issues at all - I saw somewhere that they were having issues with that today.

It definitely seems Origin related - I tweeted them but no reply.

Before I did the clean boot I erased the files and uninstalled Origin. 

Message 3 of 7 (692 Views)

Hero

Did you make sure you have Proxies turned off and that it's not your Antivirus or Firewall blocking ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (688 Views)

★★ Novice

Proxies are off (I checked) and I only have the free AVG - it doesn't even appear to be running. 

Message 5 of 7 (684 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Do you have any other games on your Origin Account you haven't installed you could try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (671 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm a dork - all fixed! I had EA call me and I realized that in switching back and forth between my Mac and the PC, I just forgot basic stuff, like using ctrl-alt-del to close down AVG. D'oh. 

It's running! Made the sim I'm using as soon as I get the came.

Thanks as always for being awesome, crin! 

Message 7 of 7 (686 Views)