CAS swatches are messed up.

by skintea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CAS swatches are messed up.

★★★★★ Novice

Recently I updated my sims 4 game, when i did so my entire CAS was just broken. The first picture im going to show you is the traits, that is an adult sim and her traits. The second picture is how the CAS layout is with clothes. Please help! Also i have a lot of cc and mods

Message 1 of 5 (3,154 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CAS swatches are messed up.

@skintea  Try removing the More Columns mod, the UI Cheats mod if you have it, and any other mods that directly affect the user interface or CAS.  Delete localthumbcache.package as well.

If you still see issues, you'll need to test your mods and custom content and figure out what's broken.  You can use the 50/50 method; even with thousands of files to go through, finding one broken item would only take about a dozen tests.  But be sure to test every file at least once, since you could have multiple broken ones.

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (3,145 Views)

All Replies

@skintea  Try removing the More Columns mod, the UI Cheats mod if you have it, and any other mods that directly affect the user interface or CAS.  Delete localthumbcache.package as well.

If you still see issues, you'll need to test your mods and custom content and figure out what's broken.  You can use the 50/50 method; even with thousands of files to go through, finding one broken item would only take about a dozen tests.  But be sure to test every file at least once, since you could have multiple broken ones.

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Message 2 of 5 (3,146 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict tysm it works perfectly now!

Message 3 of 5 (3,126 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar problem, when I click the swatches in CAS, a little arrow pops up  /\  as it would normally, but the box with the swatches doesn't pop up. I tried deleting the files but it hasn't worked. I also have a lot of mods and cc, so I'm worried about getting rid of it because I don't know which one could be doing this. TS4 also just updated, and it didn't disable mods. Another thing, (Sorry it's a lot 😥) the opening page after I enter the game, but haven't gone into worlds yet, it's blank with all of the categories staked in the corner, which I can click, but it doesn't do anything.

Message 4 of 5 (3,070 Views)

@Ocean3334  You really do need to test without your mods and custom content.  You can use a new save if you want, but loading your existing saves should be fine too, as long as you don't save your progress with the content still missing.

Since you have a lot of files to sort through, the 50% method may help:

Message 5 of 5 (3,050 Views)