Re: CAS not working after newest Island update

by Millgaming1472

Original Post

CAS not working after newest Island update

★ Novice

Hey,
So I have all DLCs, newest updates etc and I wanted to create new sim. When I click new game and chose option that I don't need tutorial, all I can see is shadow-like figure where my sim suppose to be and every single option in CAS is not working excluding voice type and walk. I can't add new sim, aspiration, randomize, nothing. The only way for me to create a new sim is to click that I waqnt the tutorial in the main menu.

Message 1 of 6 (396 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Racoon321 

This is the new story mode. Just answer the various questions that you get. If you do not want story mode simply click No Thanks at the first question. You can also at any point click the X select Cancel Sim's Story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (365 Views)

★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Yea, I heard about that story mode but nothing like that shows up
Message 3 of 6 (355 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please remove your Mods and CC.

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (341 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

You can try repair your game, that may help, just press the 3 dots beside the play button on origin and you will find the repair option.

Message 5 of 6 (336 Views)

★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Did as you say, sadly doesn't work
Message 6 of 6 (307 Views)