Re: CAS is Glitching

by Cuddly_Poochydex

Original Post

CAS is Glitching

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently downloaded a few new CC items, and when I opened the game for the first time after putting the new items into my mods folder, CAS suddenly was glitching. Alpha CC hairs and 3D eyelashes, as well as a few accessories, were suddenly a blonde color, as well as the Sim having a weird default skin on it that already had eyebrows and underwear. At first, I thought it had just been randomly generated, but found out quickly that it wasn't removable, and that most of the skin details/colors wouldn't even show up.

I thought maybe it was because one of the few script mods I had was incompatible, so I deleted them and restarted the game. The problem persisted. I deleted the localthumbcache.package file, as someone had stated to delete it once in a while when you delete mods. Yet it was still there. I even tried repairing the game through Origin (after every time I deleted something), but the problem still won't go away. Any other suggestions of what I could do?

I supplied a few photos to show what I explained, albeit, they're a bit grainy.

Message 1 of 9 (513 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Do they require a mesh? They will not work properly without their mesh. (Not every CC requires a mesh)

Message 2 of 9 (492 Views)

★★★ Newbie
No, most of the cosmetic CC works fine. I made sure to download the original mesh if it had been recolored or retextured.
Message 3 of 9 (485 Views)

★★ Novice

Im having the exact same problem with this new update (february 5th or 6th 2019) I thought that an old outdated mod was causing this but nope, I really dont want to have to take out all (+1000) of my cc and add them in 1 by 1 to see what one causes it to glich out. Any one know a solution to this problem?Raised eyebrow

Message 4 of 9 (409 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@CatyNoir3 Just rename your mod folder and see if your game works. That way you can see if it is an update problem or cc. Standard smile)
Message 5 of 9 (390 Views)

★★ Novice

ok will try it now thanksStandard smile

Message 6 of 9 (383 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok so I just tried it I named it cc so it didn't recocnise what it was so it had no mods on and it worked fine tried it again with mods and its still the same I have a feeling it might be MC command center but im not sure, anyway I guess I will have to try I find what one it is (if it isnt mc commands) thanks for your help Heart

Message 7 of 9 (379 Views)

★★ Novice

recognize*

Message 8 of 9 (378 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yeah it might be MC command center, that broke my game (thanks for the xp by the way!!)
Message 9 of 9 (361 Views)