Re: CAS glitch - pictures replaced?

by emmarufus

Original Post

CAS glitch - pictures replaced?

★★ Novice

Seems like some of the pictures in the menu is replaced with these weird looking ones. I've updated the game, tried to repair files and reinstall and yet I still looks like this. If I click them they work and you see the new hair on the sim so it seems like it's only the pics not working... Anyone else with the same problem? How do I fix it?

I have everything except StrangerVille and just installed everything on a new computer. Started it up and it looks like this. Seems to only be Pets stuff as well.

Message 1 of 4 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@emmarufus

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one) You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

If it will not work then try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (598 Views)

★★ Novice

I never play with mods, so that's not the issue this time Frown 

Message 3 of 4 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@emmarufus

In this case, do the factory reset of the game folder as I mentioned above.

Message 4 of 4 (585 Views)