by crinrict

Original Post

CAS: can't set both father and mother from existing sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Spa Day, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS from an existing sim, add a mother to the family, then attempt to add a father.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once a new parent is added, the parent that was originally added becomes 'roomate'. So for example, I have mother already added to the sim, but when I add a father, using either the genetics option or simply adding it in relationships, it resets the mother's relationship back to 'roomate'.
What do you expect to see? When adding another parent, the relationship should stay the same.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The bug first occured with two teen Sims that were originally sisters but I decided to make cousins. I tried to add a mother and father to one sim - but this bug occured. I reset their relationship by saving one sim to the gallery then deleting the original - with no luck. Even with the second sim not in the household it occurs. Ever since, I have encountered this bug with every single household. I first encountered it with CC on the household but it keeps occuring since removing it.

Message 1 of 10 (15,489 Views)

Re: CAS: can't set both father and mother from existing sim

Hero
Have no issues with this. Maybe it depends on the combination.

Could you upload your family to the gallery and post the name so I can try with that particular family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (15,415 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'll pop the two teens on the gallery, with their sister role removed. It'll be called 'Bugged teens'!
Message 3 of 10 (15,412 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Update: after repairing the game, I can now say that it is now only these teens that the problem is with. I've tried the same situation on another household and had no issues. Still quite confused
Message 4 of 10 (15,404 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
And to confirm, it happens to BOTH the teens, even if I separate them.
Message 5 of 10 (15,404 Views)

Hero
Does it not work for you when you plop them in CAS on new game or by editing with the fulledit cheat ?

You're using cc on both, can you try turning off cc again and then starting a fresh save and putting them into CAS from there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (15,393 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Im sure I removed all CC before uploading these, might have forgotten something. Regardless, the new save file didnt with these two, but I've found a workaround. I've uploaded both to the gallery, deleted the original household and then added the two back in, which seems to have fixed the bug. I think it's the household itself that got glitched out
Message 7 of 10 (15,389 Views)

Hero
The gallery seems to think they contain cc :D

I moved this to tech for now as it doesn't seem to be a general bug.

let me know if you have more issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (15,376 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have this same problem with lots of my families and I don't know what to do. I tried with the Pleasant twins and I had to delete them as I already created their parents. Then I had to recreate them so I didn't have the same problem. But now I'm trying to do it with the Curious siblings I downloaded from FGG and I have the same issue. Can't add their parents. Hopefully someone can get the solution...

Message 9 of 10 (11,754 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@braulyoko Do they have empty parents in the family tree ? If so, then they already have a parent and you can't set another.

Don't know if the empty parent is a bug or not but it's best to use the bug report for this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-edit-pre-existing-sims-Family-relationships/td-p/976527...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (11,738 Views)