CAS Thumbnails are off center

by Light-angel1995

Original Post

CAS Thumbnails are off center

★★ Novice

The thumbnails for items in create a sim are off center. Some are floating off the columns making it impossible to click them since they partially or almost completely disappear. It's like the thumbnail gets shifted to the right and the rest in that row follow, thus making it so i loose some items. I did download the more columns mod but this has been happening way before I downloaded that. Can anyone help me? Frown

This picture shows how items are missing or only a tiny sliver of the thumbnail is shown after the shift. This affects all category's. 

Message 1 of 10 (5,502 Views)

Re: CAS Thumbnails are off center

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,490 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this aswell...

But I believe I've only had it since downloading CC.. Standard smile

Message 3 of 10 (5,480 Views)

★★ Novice

I did all the steps yet still thumbnails either shift or completely disappear. first it worked fine since i removed all the mods and left the cc, but now if i load the game or try to choose clothing options things go missing. sometimes it loads fine and other times not so much...

Message 4 of 10 (5,471 Views)

How does the game run when you do what Crinrict suggested, before you add back your files?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 10 (5,461 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems to run perfectly, at least from what i can tell.

Message 6 of 10 (5,455 Views)

Try putting back the files one by one, see where the issue reappears. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 10 (5,448 Views)

★★ Novice

oh god that's like over 150 files. this is gonna suck!

Message 8 of 10 (5,442 Views)

Hero

The 50/50 Method explained here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content is the fastest way. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (5,436 Views)

★ Novice

I know this question is old, but I just had the same problem with CAS. I had downloaded about 70 outfits from a site called Standardheld. It was on a list as one of the best Sims 4 sites and their work is lovely. After removing their downloads from my mods folder, the problem was solved. The trouble seems to be with downloads that have too many swatches. It makes CAS misaligned. Some of the clothes I had downloaded had dozens of swatches and the game just can't seem to handle it. I hope this helps anyone else having this problem.

Message 10 of 10 (2,294 Views)