Re: CAS Slow Family Loading

by burin077

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CAS Slow Family Loading

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having issues with my gallery and screen to load this family I just created is taking forever and I need to save them to my library so I won't lose it. What is wrong with it? I can only change the household name. Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/635df99d3722dc52eacbaa3362b5655a

Message 1 of 4 (442 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

I do not believe so; from what it appears from your interface, the game appears to be stuck at the point of saving the family. If it won't let you save either to the Gallery or to your library locally, then it's not going to progress any further than that.

I wish I had better news for you, but from what you've shown via the screenshot, it's stuck in attempting to save the household or load anything via the thumbnails. I would make a note of what you set for the family when you re-open the game, to make recreating the family that much easier for yourself.

- B

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (411 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

Have you worked with a lot of mods or anything, or done a lot of work using the Sims 4 Gallery? I'm thinking it might be something with the localthumbcache.package file. That file, while also recording mod details, also keeps track of various "thumbnails" as the name implies, of households/lots you've accessed. Check your Sims 4 folder and remove that localthumbcache.package file; Sims 4 will regenerate it. It might take the game a moment to redraw some of the thumbnails of your households/lots, but if the file was causing the issue, it should now load that family in CAS as if accessing it for the first time. (Not as in wiping progress, as in just drawing how the family looks; kind of like when you're first taking your household pictures.)

If it doesn't work, hopefully someone else has suggestions here for you on the matter; here's hoping though it's resolved soon.

Note: If you are in-game, DO NOT attempt to delete the package file while the game is running.

- B

Message 2 of 4 (424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there any way to do something in-game? I just created the family and need to save them to my gallery.

Message 3 of 4 (419 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

I do not believe so; from what it appears from your interface, the game appears to be stuck at the point of saving the family. If it won't let you save either to the Gallery or to your library locally, then it's not going to progress any further than that.

I wish I had better news for you, but from what you've shown via the screenshot, it's stuck in attempting to save the household or load anything via the thumbnails. I would make a note of what you set for the family when you re-open the game, to make recreating the family that much easier for yourself.

- B

Message 4 of 4 (412 Views)