CAS Glitch: Unnaccessible Colour Swatches

by CLFrenchie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CAS Glitch: Unnaccessible Colour Swatches

★★★★ Novice

Hi all,

I have for some time now been experiencing this issue on CAS, where I can hover my cursor over a certain colour swatch in CAS, but it won't highlight or select it. It is doing it for clothes, accessories, make-up, etc, and I don't think I have seen it reported before.

It looks like it is because the cursor goes a bit off and therefore I would have to click slightly aside to select the colour I want, but that is a problem I only encounter in the Sims (so it's not my mouse itself), and only experience a tiny bit during gameplay but constantly on CAS. And because the colour swatches are close together on CAS, I don't have the room to click next to the colour I actually want, if that makes sense.

To be more specific, in the screenshot attached, the Sim is wearing the blue version of the tank top selected (it's highlighted). I can select the colour swatches from the first line, or the two left ones of the second line. But that's pretty much it. Past this kaki swatch that pops up, my cursor can go as far right as I want but it refuses to bring up the other colour swatches, and I just can't select them!

I have tried taking out all my mods and CC, and repairing the game, but I'm still having the same issue. Has anyone else had it and knows how to fix it?

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 4 (9,268 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CAS Glitch: Unnaccessible Colour Swatches

Hero

Hi @CLFrenchie

what resolution are you playing at and what resolution does your monitor have ?

Are you playing in windowed more or full screen ?

I would try changing those factors a bit (just play around) to see if that helps with your issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (9,241 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @CLFrenchie

what resolution are you playing at and what resolution does your monitor have ?

Are you playing in windowed more or full screen ?

I would try changing those factors a bit (just play around) to see if that helps with your issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (9,242 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict,

Not sure about the monitor, but Iusually play in fullscreen maximul resolution, which for me is 1368xsomething.

I changed to windowed and back to fullscreen again as soon as I started the game, and it worked! All fine with CAS. It's strange as I had very briefly switched to windowed before, but perhaps didn't go into CAS. Therefore I don't know if it's a definite fix or a temporary thing that I'd have to repeat each time, but it works for now, thanks a lot!

Message 3 of 4 (9,200 Views)

Hero

Thanks for your feedback.

Hopefully it stays fixed :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (9,190 Views)