Re: CAS Demo Black Screen And Llama Face **FIX**

by NocturnesRequiem

Original Post

CAS Demo Black Screen And Llama Face **FIX**

★ Apprentice

I wanted to make a new thread so people could easily spot it.

The fix is simple: Reinstall Origin.

The reason this bug occurs is because there is a problem detecting Origin. If you go into the Program and Features tool, you'll notice that Origin is not listed anywhere. The Sims 4 demo thinks Origin is not installed and therefore refuses to start the game. Reinstall Origin and make sure it is listed under Programs and Features in your Control Panel. I'd reinstall the demo just to be safe as well.

How to fix the problem:
1: Uninstall the demo. Right click the picture in Origin and hit the uninstall button. 

2: Go to Control Panel. Then hit Programs. Then hit Programs and Features. Search for Origin. It shouldn't be there.

3: Uninstall Origin with the executable. The default location is here: Local Disk (CStandard smile/Program Files (x86)/Origin/OriginUninstall.exe

4: Reinstall Origin by clicking here

5: Go to Control Panel. Then hit Programs. Then hit Programs and Features. Search for Origin. It should now be there as the most recently installed program.

4: Reinstall the demo

Steps 2 and 5 are important in verifying that this is indeed the problem causing the demo to fail, that The Sims 4 is bugged into thinking Origin isn't installed when it really is.

I hope this information helped EA and Maxis as well to prevent this bug on launch. Standard smile

Happy simming!

Message 1 of 14 (11,318 Views)

Hero

Thank you.

I've added a link to this thread to this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-CAS-Demo-TECHNICAL-DIFFICULTIES/td-p/3111318

Hopefully it helps others.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (10,972 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This didn't work for me. I'm basically having the same problem but Origin IS showing up in the control panel. I get that black screen and damn llama face every time. I've spent a full two days researching a solution but nothing is working?? I've reinstalled Origin and the demo but nothings changed. Do you have any other suggestions? 

Message 3 of 14 (10,416 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same here, the demo is only 32bit apparently atleat according to Task Manager so unless its purely thats it's not 64bit or for whatever reason it's not working in Winodws 8 i dunno, don't need to reinstall Origin that wont have any effect. other games still work without needing to reinstall Origin this is purely a bug between Origin and the demo in question.

Personally i wish we didn't ever have to use Origin, as good an idea as it is it's just more hassle then it's worth, Steam is a far better platform to work through because it works and you can move everything to wherever you want at any time and it will still work 98% of the time.  Origin, the slightest change and you have to reinstall everything. STUPID. and Sims 3 has never worked properly after how many years?, this doesn't fair well for Sims 4 with the CAS demo not even working..

Message 4 of 14 (10,291 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this same problem. I tried the steps, and Origin was still in my program file. I don't have the llama face, it's just a black screen with the music playing. I'm going to call tech support, because I've been ecstatically looking forward to playing this, and now that I have it, all I've been doing is fighting with it for the past two days. Maybe they can help.

Message 5 of 14 (10,260 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Same here. Origin seems to be properly installed but I still get the black screen and the llama face. If they tell you anything, please let us know here. It's very disheartening to have an otherwise fine computer but be unable to run it. I keep thinking the full game may follow suit. 

Message 6 of 14 (10,156 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm wondering...I mean, I heard the requirements for the actual game might be different. As well, I think that because it'll come on a disk, it might make a difference. Here, we're downloading from Origin. I don't know. I'm just really holding out hope on this one.
Message 7 of 14 (10,129 Views)

Champion
THANK YOU sooooooo much! I had the same problem (minus the llama; just the black screen with cursors). And this would only load if I had Origin open and clicked on the demo from my library. If I tried to use the desktop shortcut for the demo, it would just tell me I didn't have Origin installed!
I hope that everyone can get the demo to work one way or another!
Thanks again ! :-)

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 14 (9,494 Views)

★★ Novice

This didn't work for me :/ any other suggestions?

Message 9 of 14 (9,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did Origin show up for you in uninstall ?

Here's a few more suggestions: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Cas-Demo-Black-Screen-with-llama-face/m-p/3313075#M2870

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (9,309 Views)