Re: Buying expansion packs online to add to the base game installed from a disk.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Buying expansion packs online to add to the base game installed from a disk.

★★★★ Novice

I was wondering if it's possible to buy the Sims 3 Expansion packs from, say, Steam or Origin, and add it to the base game that was installed with a physical copy. Normally, I wouldn't ask stuff like this, but I wanted to make sure so that I won't waste any money.

Message 1 of 2 (232 Views)

Re: Buying expansion packs online to add to the base game installed from a disk.

[ Edited ]

@BNBLesque  You can't buy packs in Steam unless you also own the base game in Steam or are buying it concurrently.  Steam and disc installs don't mix; you'd need to choose one or the other.  You could however register your Steam content in Origin and download it from there.

You can definitely buy packs in Origin and mix a disc and digital install.  Please make sure that your base game is listed in your Origin library though.  If it's not, and you patch and install a pack, you may not be able to play at all, because Origin may block access to a game it thinks you don't own.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (212 Views)