Re: Buying another language (Get Famous - Canada)

by LilyNath

Original Post

Buying another language (Get Famous - Canada)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm trying to buy Sims 4 Get Famous on Amazon.ca (Canada), all my Sims 4 are in English but it says French only: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07KY31WCS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1 and with a code (no cd), will it work in English and will I be able to install it?

Also, if I buy a copy of another expansion pack with a cd, can I enter the code on Origin and download it instead without the cd?

Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 4 (381 Views)

@LilyNath  Although there are English-only versions of Sims 4, I've never heard of a French-only version, and I doubt it even exists.  People in French-speaking regions typically receive the global version, with all 18 languages available.  It shouldn't matter though: what counts is the base game language, and once that's determined, Origin is supposed to allow the registering and downloading of packs bought anywhere.

However, it seems like a moot point—the product you linked me is listed as sold out.  Is there a reason you don't want to buy directly from Origin?  Sims 4 packs are currently on sale, and Get Famous is 50% off, at least in the U.S.  So even with the price difference, I don't think you'd pay more.

To answer your other question, if you buy a physical copy of a pack, yes, you can register the product key in Origin, and that pack will be added to your game library just as if you'd bought it directly from Origin.  But please be careful about where you buy, because some storefronts have been known to sell bad codes.  Here's a list of authorized vendors of EA games:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Amazon itself is on the list, but the third-party sellers in Marketplace aren't covered.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (337 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much for taking the time to answer

Luckily it's directly from Amazon.ca (Canada) not a 3rd party seller, so I imagine it's safe.

I'm disabled (on disability benefits only, so very little money) but I earned a gift card for Amazon.ca by doing surveys so I wanted to buy myself Get Famous. I would prefer to buy on Origin, but unfortunately it's not financially possible and the gift card is only for Amazon.ca.

Normally it's only temporarily out of stock, they say it should come back at some point, so I wanted to make sure it's safe as they write ''French-only'' French-canadian I imagine) and just ''code in a box'' not a cd.

Thank you so much for your help, it's so appreciated 😊 I wish you a great day!

Message 3 of 4 (258 Views)

★★★ Novice

Anybody with experience buying another language EP than the language of their base game?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (228 Views)