Buying Sunlit Tides

by rosidbon

Original Post

Buying Sunlit Tides

★★★ Novice

Hi

I am playing my game on a MacBook Pro. I am unable to access and download any of my previous purchases from the Sims Store, about £200 worth!!

In order to buy 'Sunlit Tides' I will have to purchas another 5,000 points at a cost of about £30 ( ridiculously overpriced). I have absolutely no idea whether, having paid the exorbitant £30 for the points, which I am sure will be extremely easy, I will then be able to download the world into my game, or indeed be able to play on the said world if by some miracle I manage to get it in there.

Is there any particular reason that I can't access the things that I already own? Is there any reason that I won't be able to get 'Sunlit Tides"?

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 6 (744 Views)

Re: Buying Sunlit Tides

Hero

Why can't you access them ? Do you not get into your account ? Are they not available in your purchase history ? Can you not download them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (742 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes i can get into my purchase history. Yes the items are all there. No they WILL NOT download int my game

Message 3 of 6 (740 Views)

Hero

What browser are you trying ? Problem is that browser needs to have the launcher associated with downloads so that the browsers knows it needs to use the launcher to download. I do not know which browser would work best on MACs but if you are using a non-standard one, it might be good to try another.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (734 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am running Safari. 

I have dowloaded content that i have bought previously. Sometimes, during the zillions of re-installings of the game to try to make the

thing playable, i loose the cc and have to try to download it again. Have not been able to do this for a very long time. Also was unable to accsess the free content that I was supposed to be able to download from the Katy Perry special edition. Is the whole of the Sims store now 'Origin'?

I know that Mac users cannot use 'Origin' for some reason. Ea don't seem to be too bothered about that. They already have my hundreds of pounds so why should they care. 

Here are my specs in case they are of any help to you.

MacBook Pro 2009

OS X 10.6 (Leopard)

3.05GHz IntelCore 2 Duo

8 GB Memory

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT (dedicated to Sims 3)

EPs

Base Game

World Adventures

Night Life

Generations

Ambitions

Pets

Showtime

Supernatural

Stuff Packs

Fast Lane

High End Loft

Outdoor Living

Town life

I have stayed with OS X 10.6 as it seems to be the most stable for playing Sims 3 . Not, of course that I can play my game, as the completely useless, crappy 'CIDER' wrapper DOES NOT WORK. For some reason CIDER makes the game process leak huge amounts of memory and so there is not enough memory when you come to save the game or make a sim, or load a town. The game freezes.

Sometimes I can do a bit of building before the freeze, but thats all. Can't make Sims, Can't play a house, Nothing.

But EA has hundreds of pounds of my money so thats just great.

Message 5 of 6 (732 Views)

Hero

You should be able to download without Origin installed. I don't have it on my computer and get everything except the updates (which I download manually).

There are plans that Origin is coming to Macs.

All your Store Content gets downloaded to a folder called downloads in the documents folder, so once you get them to download, backup that folder and you won't need to re-download ever again (unless they update something).

Does the launcher open at all when you click download or what are your symptoms ?

I can't really help you with the other Mac issues you are seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (730 Views)