Buy Mode/ Create a Sim is freezing my game and have to force re-start comp. Help ?!

by vivianpender

Original Post

Buy Mode/ Create a Sim is freezing my game and have to force re-start comp. Help ?!

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

Well I bought a new Laptop under a month ago, then went and bought all new the sims 3 games, orignially installed with one of the stuff packs my game was only freezing in create a sim once i got to the tattoo's or clothing. Tried downloading a patch/update to fix this which was reccommended on other help sites, then my game wouldnt start at all and came up with a " base game incompatable error". So I uninstalled the stuff pack, and the base game still wasnt working properlly, so I uninstalled that and re-installed and it worked perfect on its own, even managed to get through create a sim without a hiccup. So I thought maybe that I should buy an expansion and that may carry the necessary update to get the game running efficiently, well installed Seasons and all seemed well, so i proceeded to install two other stuff packs neither of which were the previous stuff pack, and then the game started crashing in Buy mode as well as create a sim, and everytime this happened I have had to force a restart on the computer as CTRL + ALT + Delete wasnt working, the laptop attempted to run diagnostics on the game to try and see what was going wrong then it would run exceedingly slow - I mean I could sit there for 45 minutes and NOTHING would happen. I have tried kicking the settings on the game down to Low-Mid visual ect and its made no difference, I am still only getting 20 minutes maximum of game time before having to restart. What can I do to stop the computer freezing ? these are brand new games and a brand new laptop so i dont see why there should be an issue. Can anyone help me ? Please ! !

Message 1 of 3 (916 Views)

Re: Buy Mode/ Create a Sim is freezing my game and have to force re-start comp. Help ?!

Community Manager

Hi vivianpender,

We have two excellent threads about crashes and freezes here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Crashes-CTD/td-p/656

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lags-amp-Freezes/td-p/646

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 3 (903 Views)

Re: Buy Mode/ Create a Sim is freezing my game and have to force re-start comp. Help ?!

★★★★★ Novice

It's doin gthe same  to me to Yalls....Ea Adviser told Me If i use custom content In The sims3 luncher... and dowload anything off The sims 3 exchange page....  That You will have some problems when you are playing your sims 3 Games....He told Me On The Phone  your game will freez up and crash.. and even shut down somtimes!!... I'm soo pisssed now i have to uninstall everything to fix this promble..he said It will Take everything i worked so hard on... All because I exchange off the sims 3 offical website....You can only download  things you buy from the sims 3 website... witch sucks!! Cause The sims 3 points are so high your sure to  be broke after you buy them!! Oh God!!..... I mean You spend all that money on games and you can play with the game you work so hard on .... to be told you have to remove it all.... all i can say they should give everyone free sims 3 points for all this mess they created!!.....Its all Ea or the sims 3 webiste fault that we are having so many problems.....Plus They should Give You free sims3 points  with each game u buy....I sure dont get any free sims 3 points when I buy each game!!.. Just crashes  and freezes.... lagging while playing your games!!...Shame on Ea. And The sims3 For giving promblems to everyone that spend soo much money to play games thatworks when it feels like it ....I'm soo Done now that i expressed How I feel!!

Message 3 of 3 (617 Views)