Buttons at top corner of the screen are greyed out after the new patch

by kimninii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buttons at top corner of the screen are greyed out after the new patch

★ Apprentice

I am suffering from a bug that appeared out of random. My game was working fine the night the patch came out, But when I went to play on Wednesday, I couldn't save my game because it said "game loading in progress".

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: City living, Seasons, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Vampires, Tiny Living Stuff, and Movie Hang out Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you hover over the build mode button, it will be greyed out and say "Game loading in progress" when the game has already loaded
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't save the game or do anything other than play the game
What do you expect to see? I should be able to travel and use build and buy mode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but the bug still occurred after I removed them to test it.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Snowy escape patch; sentiments, platforms, vacation lots available in all worlds.

I tried to repair the game and even reinstalled it. I understand that this can occur, but it is not coming from my cc or mods. I also apologize in advance if I figure it out and my stupidity wasted your time. 

Thanks for helping!

Message 1 of 7 (383 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Buttons at top corner of the screen are greyed out after the new patch

@kimninii  Do you see the same error with a new save?  If you do, please try playing while your computer is completely offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable before launching the game.  Let me know whether the error is still present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (374 Views)

All Replies

@kimninii  Do you see the same error with a new save?  If you do, please try playing while your computer is completely offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable before launching the game.  Let me know whether the error is still present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (375 Views)

★ Apprentice

I see it when I start a new game, but I haven't tried in offline mode.

Message 3 of 7 (360 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried that and the same thing still happened

Message 4 of 7 (357 Views)

★ Apprentice

I fixed It! It was a mod I just Installed, so I removed it!

Message 5 of 7 (344 Views)

★★ Novice

May I ask what mod it is? I'm having the samw exact issue and figured it is from a mod but I don't know which one.

Message 6 of 7 (324 Views)

★ Apprentice

It was a littlemssam mod but i have a lot of them installed so I would try deleting all of them and seeing if that works! 

Have a nice day!

Message 7 of 7 (300 Views)