Re: Bundles Sims 4

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Bundles Sims 4

★★ Novice

I bought Sims 4 but did not renew my Origin access so when I try to buy some expansion and stuff packs, Origin is not recognizing the Sims 4 that I have. It will ask me to bundle the Sims 4 with another expansion. Any idea how to fix it? 

Message 1 of 5 (355 Views)
Highlighted

@charliexag  Does Origin recognize Sims 4 as installed at all?  If it does, open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Uninstall, and you should see the option to "revert game edition," which will remove the Access version and leave you with the one you own.

If Origin isn't seeing Sims 4, please clear its cache and then restart your computer.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If you still don't see Sims 4 in your game library, try searching for it in Origin and see whether it's listed as owned.  If not, you'll need to contact EA customer support to get this sorted out.  Support is on limited hours right now, with phone calls unavailable entirely and live chat only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Origin does see the game but it’s greyed out and has ‘rejoin origin all access’ thing but it does start the game if i right click on it and select play. If I uninstall the game, will I lose my saved games? 

Message 3 of 5 (299 Views)

@charliexag  You shouldn't have to uninstall anything.  When you right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your Origin game library and select Uninstall, you should see three options, including "Revert game edition."  If you select that, nothing gets uninstalled, you just go back to the version of Sims 4 you own rather than the one you had through Access.

Under normal circumstances, when you clicked Uninstall, Origin would ask if you were sure, an you could say no.  So you still wouldn't uninstall right away.

Your saves, saved households and builds, mods and custom content, etc. is stored in your Sims 4 user data folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  You can manually back up this folder any time, whether you plan on uninstalling or not.  In fact, it's a good idea to back up the folder, or at least the subfolders you care about (saves are in Saves, saved households and builds in Tray) every once in a while, just in case something happens.  This folder shouldn't be deleted when you uninstall, but it does happen.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (277 Views)

★★ Novice

When i right click on my game and click uninstall, I just get two options: Uninstall and remove from list or just uninstall. I guess I have to call EA. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5 (231 Views)