by Bnibuilds

Original Post

Builds don't save

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69..1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Batuu, only Courtyard Oasis kit but no other kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build on any lot in the Sims, click "Manage Worlds", choose any other lot and build/play on that lot. Save game (I use "Save as...") and exit the game. Any builds on the first lot are not saved.
What happens when the bug occurs? See above
What do you expect to see? Any game changes should be saved even if the edited lot isn't the one you are at when you save the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have had this issue now maybe 2-3 times. At first I thought I just forgot to click save, but now it is clear that it is an issue with the game. It doesn't matter what lot I have used or edited, whether I have played on it or not, the issue remains the same. Here is a detailed explanation of what happened last time I played:

I rebuild Vlad's mansion, clicked "Manage worlds" once I was done and moved in a sim to the lot next to Vlad's. I downloaded a house from the Gallery (my own old build) and started playing with the chosen sim. She had a relationship with Vlad, got pregnant, had babies etc. I save the game. 

Today I started playing again, but I noticed that Vlad's mansion is now the Maxis-build and the one I had built was gone. I thought I had forgotten to save, but then I realized that the sim I had moved in to the lot next door was still there, still had a relationship with Vlad, the babies were there and the house I downloaded from the Gallery, all done after the original build. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,210 Views)

Re: Builds don't save

Hero

Hi @Bnibuilds 

Have any of you tried a game repair yet ?

For Origin

1. Close the game
  2. Right-Click on the game in the origin library
  3. Choose Repair game

For Steam:

1. Close the game
  2. Right Click on the game in your library
  3. Choose Properties
  4. Choose tab Local Files
  5. Press Verify Integrity of Game Files

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,186 Views)

★ Guide

Hi!

I tried repairing the game, and haven't been able to recreate the bug after that. Let's hope it was this easy of a fix!😊

Message 3 of 11 (1,171 Views)

Hero
@Bnibuilds Going to mark this as fixed for now and move to tech but do tag me if the issue comes back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,136 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict The problem is back! This time I used the "Save and exit" function and the build I had done was gone.

Message 5 of 11 (1,100 Views)

Hero
@Bnibuilds Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,085 Views)

★ Guide

Here you go!

Message 7 of 11 (1,067 Views)

Hero
@Bnibuilds Nothing in there that really jumps out.

Could this be your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279/jump-to/first-unread-m... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,058 Views)

★ Guide

I don't think it's related, because the lot I built didn't completely disappear, it just reverted back to the original Vlad's mansion in the game as if I had never bulldozed it and built anything new. Same thing now when the issue came back, the build was still there but it is as if it didnt save the build, but it did save the gameplay. Any new relationships and so on are there and are saved, but the lot next to the one I was playing had turned into an older version of it, so it was a half-built version Ibhad saved previously but not the finished build.

Message 9 of 11 (1,050 Views)

Hero
@Bnibuilds Some people in that thread are reporting for them it just reverts to original though. I'm not sure if it's a different issue or same root cause.

Do you have the same issue on an new save too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,036 Views)