Building snowmen with other sims not working.

by FuriousMonkey92

Original Post

Building snowmen with other sims not working.

★★ Novice

Whenever I go to do winter group activities like building a snowman the interaction drops from queue immediately. Yes, the snow is deep enough. Yes, I'm playing with mods. I took the mods out and repaired my game and then launched without mods and still nothing. I also did the resetsim command and that seemed to work for snowball fights. Please help, this happened after downloading the story progression mods from NRass.

Message 1 of 6 (753 Views)

Re: Building snowmen with other sims not working.

★★★★ Expert

@FuriousMonkey92  Did you delete the cache in The Sims 3 folder after moving your mods out?

CASPartCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package (This one is most important to delete after moving out script mods)

simCompositorCache.package

socialCache.package (optional, if you use Showtime EP features you might want to keep this one)

Message 2 of 6 (746 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep did that, still automatically canceling.

Message 3 of 6 (735 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@FuriousMonkey92 

Sims refusing to do actions I've seen in all the sims games I've played, and can probably be explained in many different ways. What I usually do is Save As under a new name, exit the game completely, delete all the caches in the user folder, and start the game again, to reset things that way. 

If that doesn't work, one reason could be that they don't have enough space to route, or that there is something blocking their path, or that the other sim is being occupied with something. Where are you trying this, in which world, on which lot, and have you tried in several places, and with different sims?

Another can be that some other action takes precedence and cancels the previous one out. Are you ordering the sim to just play in the snow etc, or are you adding things to do for them afterwards?

Is it just the winter activities that cancels out from the queue, or does it happens with other commands as well?

Message 4 of 6 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've tried in multiple lots and with other sims in multiple spots. I'm playing on the university world currently.  Also it seems to only be the, building snowman with..., command thats bugged.

Message 5 of 6 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@FuriousMonkey92   Can you please try my suggestion of exiting the game?

Does your sim drop other actions from the queue?

Are they troubled in some way, with low needs for instance, cold etc?
Can you try to make other sims active, and see if they can make snowmen/play in the snow?
Also try to switch active household and see if any other sims have this problem. Switching household may also be a way to reset your sim, so switching back to their household and trying again, might actually solve their issue.

When it is enough snow the action to build a snowman is very attractive to sims, so I wonder what happens if you make your sim go outside, and then leave them there on full autonomy (see the settings for it). See if they build a snowman on their own accord, or if that drops from the queue as well.

I have never tried NRaas Story Progression, and don't know much about it or if it has any interfering settings; but you could try to exclude any interference by creating a new game and try to make a snowman in it. I think making a new folder is best, to exclude anything from the old one being an issue. Here is how. Don't move anything back until you have tried making a snowman in a new savegame. You can just make a random save and sim. Ask me if you need help with this
https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinst...

EDIT: I can't go in game right now, but it might matter what relationship there is between the sims building a snowman together, so try Build Snowman With.. picking a sim your sim has a friendly relationship to, like a green friendship bar, or labeled Friends in the relationship panel etc, to see if they just refuse based on animosity :P

Traits matter for which kind of snowman sims can build. I cannot check right now, but what kind of snowman is your sim trying to build; and can they build any other snowman, like the Classic one for instance?

Message 6 of 6 (675 Views)