Re: Build mode won't work at all

by jam6791

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Build mode won't work at all

★★ Novice

So, whenever I go into build mode, it just doesn't work. nothing appears at the bottom and the options at the top (notification wall, gallery, menu) don't do anything, so I also can't actually exit the whole game. The lot/house is there, and I can rotate the camera and zoom in and out, but I cant build anything. The same thing happens when I go into it from game mode, I can move existing things, but nothing else. I also can't go back into game play. Please help Frown

Message 1 of 12 (26,612 Views)

Accepted Solution

Could you give windowed mode a try?

If that fails, try a clean boot: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (27,483 Views)

All Replies

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 12 (26,594 Views)

★★ Novice

No. I've seen things saying that it doesn't work very well with windows 10 so it might be that, although it don't know why it would be because it did work at first but only stopped recently. 

Message 3 of 12 (26,582 Views)

Could you give windowed mode a try?

If that fails, try a clean boot: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 12 (27,484 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks so much for your help, I made a back up and them messed around with a few things and it's all working now. Thanks again. Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (26,555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is doing this too. I have tried to repair the game and it didn't work. So I don't know what to do and I'm really worried about my game. I also can't go into the gallery. Can someone please help me. Yes I do use cc but I haven't downloaded any new cc recently and it only happened recently.?

Message 6 of 12 (23,208 Views)

Hero

HI @Simalim2345 

mods/cc get outdated with patches so it's possible you're using something that's not compatible with the game anymore.

Are you using any kind of UI mods ? If so, make sure you get the newest version from the creator.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (23,189 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict thx worked straight away
Message 8 of 12 (20,843 Views)

★★ Novice

it didnt work

Message 9 of 12 (20,834 Views)

@icecreamimi1  Can you please describe your issue in more detail?  What isn't working, and what did you try?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 12 (20,804 Views)