Build mode causing crashes

by CrowleysAngels07

Original Post

Build mode causing crashes

★★ Novice

I've had massive problems since the November 2020 update and my game has essentially become unplayable. Without fail, after about 5-15 minutes in build mode, my game crashes my entire computer and none of the fixes I've seen have worked. My computer has well above the recommended specs to run sims 4 (64 bit, i7 core, 15.8GB available RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070), all my drivers and such are up to date, I've tried clearing caches, uninstalling and reinstalling both Sims 4 and Origin, updating and 'repairing' my game (which caused a whole other glitch recently with the broken update loop), playing with and without mods/CC, dropping my gameplay settings down to the lowest available (game just crashed sooner)... I'm at my wits end here. all the suggestions people have are either for MAC players, or ones that i've tried and that made no difference. I've not yet had it crash in CAS, and Live mode holds out a lot longer that Build Mode, but if I literally cannot build anything or place anything from the gallery without my game crashing i dont see any point in even having the game anymore. I've bought every pack except Journey to Batuu, Throwback Fit kit, and Bust the Dust kit, not to mention buying a high-end gaming laptop largely with games like this in mind, so I feel like i've thrown my money away at this point! Someone please help!

Message 1 of 2 (888 Views)

Re: Build mode causing crashes

@CrowleysAngels07  Even though it's mostly suggested for Mac users, try enabling vertical sync within the graphics options and see whether it helps.  You'll need to be in fullscreen mode for the setting to be available.

If that doesn't make a difference, please move your entire Sims 4 user folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to that folder; just test Build mode and see how it runs.

If you get another crash, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (861 Views)